Resetting Hotmail Windows Live Contacts Sync RRS feed

• Question

•  

My windows live stopped syncing my contacts.  I tried everything.  How can I just delete all my hotmail contacts, all my wm6 contacts, restore them from my PIMbackup and resync them to hotmail.  When I try this step by step as outlined above, it still does not sync my contacts.

I can solve my problem by importing my contacts directly from my wm6 device into hotmail.  How can I do that?  The importer only finds my outlook contacts.

Wednesday, December 26, 2007 10:18 PM

All replies

• did you try removing windos live and reinstalling it?

Thursday, December 27, 2007 2:27 AM
  •  

Man, I have been using the Live products csince release and so I was jazzed about the contact sync.  I can not get it to work.  When I did the sync, the contacts made it from my Hotmail to my phone and were nicely merged with my outlook contacts, but they disappeared from my Hotmail account.

Now the only way I can get them to reappear to my Hotmail or Windows Live Mail is to go into my Contacts on my phone one by one and choose it to sync with Live.  There is no way I am doing this for all of my contacts.  Anyone have any way of pushing my contacts from Outlook into my Hotmail.  As things are, I am sending all emails from my phone when I am not home as it is the only place I have contacts.  ANNOYING!! Any ideas?

Friday, October 31, 2008 6:21 PM