Change default public view RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi CRM Gurus!

I'm attempting to change the default public view of either the Contact or Account from My Active Contacts/Accounts into Active Contacts/Accounts.

I changed the default view in Customizations > Customize Entities > Contact > Forms and Views > selected Active Contacts > More Actions > Set Default. After publishing, I still cannot see any changes in my default view as it still uses My Active Contacts instead of Active Contacts.

Am I doing the right thing? Is it a bug or something? Thanks so much for all your help as always.

Best regards,

iMart

Tuesday, February 26, 2008 3:31 AM

Answers

• Hi.

You can verify the customization changes by exporting the contact and/or account entity and look for the view witch you set as default. each view under "<SavedQueries>" Branch has a "<isdefault name="No/Yes">0/1</isdefault>" node witch specifies if it is default or not.

If its not, you can make the changed there and import it back to the system.

Cheers,

Adi

Tuesday, February 26, 2008 9:29 AM

All replies

•  

Dear,

If you would like to globally change the default View for an entity within CRM, perform the following steps from the CRM Web Client logged on as someone who has at least the System Customizer role:

1. Select Settings, Customization.
    2. Edit the Entity you wish to change.
    3. Select the Forms and Views page.
    4. Click once on the View you wish to make the Default.
    5. Click the More Actions button.
    6. Click Set Default.
    7. Click save and close
    8. Click Publish.
    9. Navigate back to a CRM area where that entity is visible.
    10. Click on the Entity to show its contents.
    11. Verify that the View: is what you just selected in step 4.

That’s it.

Regards,

Imran

http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com

Tuesday, February 26, 2008 3:34 AM
  • You're doing the right thing, but there are 2 things to check:

1. If using the laptop client, you'll need to go offline and come back online to pick up the change
    2. You may need to refresh the whole browser window (or close and reopen Outlook)

Tuesday, February 26, 2008 8:27 AM
  • Hi.

You can verify the customization changes by exporting the contact and/or account entity and look for the view witch you set as default. each view under "<SavedQueries>" Branch has a "<isdefault name="No/Yes">0/1</isdefault>" node witch specifies if it is default or not.

If its not, you can make the changed there and import it back to the system.

Cheers,

Adi

Tuesday, February 26, 2008 9:29 AM
  •  

hi folks,

i've actually tried the same procedure. after this, i closed and reopened crm and even refreshed my screen after but it still sets the default view to My Active Contacts/Accounts. I'm wondering if it's playing stubborn or something. Hehe! 

Tuesday, February 26, 2008 9:30 AM
  • Hi Adi,

This solution is brilliant. As in brilliant!!! Thank you soooo much.

Best regards,

iMart

Wednesday, March 5, 2008 8:22 AM
  • I'm having the same problem as mentioned above.We upgraded from 3.0 to 4.0 and I have noticed when trying to set the defauly public view that their are two set. The first one set is the "My Active ...", which is the one that takes when using CRM. If you try to make any other view the default view, it will say it is, but the "My Active..." is also still set. Does anyone know how to fix this?
    Friday, September 5, 2008 1:53 PM