CRM 2011 Audit Settings always change RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I recently have enabled audit on a few of our entities, more specifically on accounts and contacts. Actually I only want to audit owner modification on these entities. Therefore I have disabled audit on all fields but owner (additionally some fields which seem to be audited mantatory) and have enabled audit on these two entities.

The point is that every now and than the enabled audit checkbox per entity gets removed and my entities are not audited anymore untill I realize this nad re-enable audit. I know a similiar behaviour from duplicate detection, where enabled rules get always disabled once a solution which touches respective entity. So, once I modifiy someting on my customization solution and import this, I have to re-publish duplicate detection rules. I don't see any good in this behavour, but well.

Something similar seems to happen with enabled audit entities. On top of that, I am not 100 % sure yet, but I feel like several fields which ave had disabled adit functoin get it re-enabpled by some reason.

I have an unmanaged solution on a different organization where I do all modifications, layout changes, custom fields, etc., publish them, save the solution as a managed one and than import this managed soluton to my producitve organization. Maybe this step leads to the fact that audit settings from that solution get applied on me producitve one once I import it?

Friday, January 30, 2015 7:21 AM

Answers

• Hi,

That is correct. If the entities changed have the audit settings different in the previous organisation, it will override the production ones. It is always a best practice to update dev with the changes you need and move those as otherwise everything you do in production will be overridden by next deployment.

Hope this helps.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Minal Dahiya
    blog : http://minaldahiya.blogspot.com.au/

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Vote as Helpful"

Friday, January 30, 2015 7:42 AM

All replies

• Hi,

That is correct. If the entities changed have the audit settings different in the previous organisation, it will override the production ones. It is always a best practice to update dev with the changes you need and move those as otherwise everything you do in production will be overridden by next deployment.

Hope this helps.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Minal Dahiya
    blog : http://minaldahiya.blogspot.com.au/

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Vote as Helpful"

Friday, January 30, 2015 7:42 AM
  • Thanks, does this make any sense? Same as behaviour on duplicate detectio rules? I don't see any reason for such a weird behaviour?

At least auditing can be set inside a solution,while duplicate detection rules is not even part of a solution but system settings?

Thanks, Dieter

Friday, January 30, 2015 11:55 AM
  • Don't bring system settings over in a solution if you don't want them migrated. It's one of the options during system export.

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

Friday, January 30, 2015 3:31 PM