none
Windows XP Pro Validation Loop RRS feed

• Question

•  

I am a couple hundred miles away from my home where my windows disks are.

Problem:  Started my Toshiba laptop.  Got a message saying that this copy of windows needed to be validated.  So I ran the validation and recieved a notice that this copy of windows has already been validated.  However when I try to log on I am kicked right back into the "this copy of windows needs to be validated".  Just a loop that I cant get past.

Help!  Please!

Tuesday, October 9, 2007 11:20 PM

Answers

• David,

Are you receiving any error codes whatsoever with the messaging which you are receiving? Also will you please run the MGA Diagnostic test and post your results here for us to analyze? Please follow the steps below: 

Download and run the utility at this link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 , then click the Windows tab, Copy to Clipboard, then paste the report into a New Post on this Forum.

Step 2 is tell us about the COA. Tell us:

1. What edition of Windows XP is it for, Home, Pro, or Media Center?
    2. Does it read "OEM Software" or "OEM Product" in black lettering?
    3. Or, does it have the computer manufacturer's name in black lettering?
    4. DO NOT post the Product Key.

5. Please also provide a short description of the issue you are experiencing.

NOTE: The data collected with the Genuine Diagnostics Tool does NOT contain any information that can personally identify you and can be fully reviewed, by you, before being posted.

Again Thank you David,

STephen Holm, MS

Wednesday, October 10, 2007 12:04 AM

All replies

• David,

Are you receiving any error codes whatsoever with the messaging which you are receiving? Also will you please run the MGA Diagnostic test and post your results here for us to analyze? Please follow the steps below: 

Download and run the utility at this link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 , then click the Windows tab, Copy to Clipboard, then paste the report into a New Post on this Forum.

Step 2 is tell us about the COA. Tell us:

1. What edition of Windows XP is it for, Home, Pro, or Media Center?
    2. Does it read "OEM Software" or "OEM Product" in black lettering?
    3. Or, does it have the computer manufacturer's name in black lettering?
    4. DO NOT post the Product Key.

5. Please also provide a short description of the issue you are experiencing.

NOTE: The data collected with the Genuine Diagnostics Tool does NOT contain any information that can personally identify you and can be fully reviewed, by you, before being posted.

Again Thank you David,

STephen Holm, MS

Wednesday, October 10, 2007 12:04 AM
  •  No other error messages.  Just a message when starting that Windows needs to be validated.  When you run the validation process that this message gives you, then you get the message that this load of Windows has already been validated.  This kicks you back into the startup routine which is directly back to the message with the validation problem.

This happens before I am able to log on.  So there is no way that I know of to run diagnostics.  Just stuck in the loop before I can click on the user icon to start the machine.

1.  XP Pro - upgrade I believe.  Possibly a direct purchase (dont remember but I dont run software that I do not own.

2.  No

3.  No

4.  OK

5.  Described above.

Cannot do a diagnostic unless it will boot the machine.  I will check.

Wednesday, October 10, 2007 9:11 PM
  • David,

Did you ever get a solution to this?

Thanks

Friday, March 28, 2008 6:19 PM
  • Hello Grommit,

Some users, when they try to bring up the Product Activation window, the window either doesn't come up, comes up but displays a Fault Error,  comes up but the window is blank or they can't get to a point to bring up the window due to the Looping bug. 

If you are experiencing any of these issues, please see this post for a possible fix for your issue: http://forums.microsoft.com/Genuine/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1322791&SiteID=25

If you are receiving the error "...the number of times you can activate Windows with this product key has been exceeded" while trying to Activation over the Internet, please see the below information: 

You are permitted to reinstall and activate XP as many times as you want to, as long as your use of XP maintains compliance with the End User Licensing Agreement (EULA).  After a certain number of activations within a certain time period, automatic online activation will be suspended (This will also happen the first time you re-install and activate some OEM versions of Windows XP), which will require that you do a Telephone Activation. To do so, rerun the Activate Windows Wizard and select "Activate my product using the telephone".  Follow the phone prompts.

If the automated telephone activation is not accepted, you will be offered the option to speak with a live activation representative.  Choose that option.  The rep will ask a few questions for the purpose of confirming that you are still using your license for XP in accordance with the EULA.  If this is confirmed, the rep will issue an activation code for you to enter into the Activation Wizard.

Take care,

Stephen Holm

WGA Forum Volunteer

Sunday, March 30, 2008 4:53 AM