none
Installation problem in VISTA RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have created a .NET component (DLL) which has to be deployed at user's machine through IE.For that i  created a cab file with download.inf files and integrated with my server application.

1) i have also changed the register property of dll to vsdraCOM.

It works fine in XP Machine.It gets downloaded to the client machine if the component is not found through the <OBJECT> tag of html.and its starts working fine as the IE created a Activexobject of that class .

But when i tested the same into a Vista machine the following things are happening.

1) When it encounter the object tag of HTML it downloads the component to User's machine sucessfully.(As i found the component in add-remove programs in vista)
    2)But when the html tried to create object of the class dll,it fails giving IE exception:Automation server can't create object.
    3) Suppose i again ping the server .For that case also its prompting to download the compnent as it is not in user's machine.

Is a problem with registering the dll to Vista machine.

If this is the case how can i come out of the issue.

Thanks

___Das

Dwipayan Das
    • Moved by Figo Fei Friday, July 25, 2008 3:41 AM off topic for vs setup (Moved from Visual Studio Setup and Installation to Off-Topic Posts (Do Not Post Here))
    Wednesday, July 23, 2008 5:05 AM

All replies