Live Onecare Contact Number for New Zealand? RRS feed

• Question

• I found a New Zealand onecare contact number 0508 555 643 but it does not work. I need help because I want to cancel my live onecare so it does not update and put a bill on my visa. Can anyone help me please??? I did not buy windows onecare buy using my visa its just billing it to my xbox live account that I have. And if it bills how can I get a refund because I was just going to go down to my local PC store and buy a new one. And how do u turn auto renewal off?

Tuesday, June 30, 2009 11:41 PM

Answers

• Have you tried looking in your billing account and then clicking the renewal link?  I believe anyone due to renew since late June is being offered a free 6 month extension, but you have to start the renewal process to see it.

Just don't accept anything saying it will charge your account, since it shouldn't ask if it's being offered free.  It's unlikely you'll be able to use any other form of renewal anymore, since officially new sales ended June 30th, though online renewals are supposedly possible for a couple more months.

Rob
    • Marked as answer by NZRando Saturday, July 4, 2009 2:28 PM
    Wednesday, July 1, 2009 6:24 AM
  • As Rob already stated, you should not be billed for renewal at this time.
    Have you gone through the support process - 

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/30400b52-7f26-4ba0-bc18-17e305329d90 - to reach your support options which should present the number for your location?

I don't have an updated number for Billing for OneCare in NZ, but if you have a contact number for your xBox Live account, that would be the same Billing account contact.
    -steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    Wednesday, July 1, 2009 2:50 PM

All replies

• You should be able to cancel by signing in at http://billing.microsoft.com select your One Care account then select cancel this service.
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh - Microsoft Security Essentials
    Wednesday, July 1, 2009 1:17 AM
  • Nope that doesn't work. Thats were it brings up the hlp panel and you find the phone number that doesn't work.
    Wednesday, July 1, 2009 4:19 AM
  • Have you tried looking in your billing account and then clicking the renewal link?  I believe anyone due to renew since late June is being offered a free 6 month extension, but you have to start the renewal process to see it.

Just don't accept anything saying it will charge your account, since it shouldn't ask if it's being offered free.  It's unlikely you'll be able to use any other form of renewal anymore, since officially new sales ended June 30th, though online renewals are supposedly possible for a couple more months.

Rob
    • Marked as answer by NZRando Saturday, July 4, 2009 2:28 PM
    Wednesday, July 1, 2009 6:24 AM
  • As Rob already stated, you should not be billed for renewal at this time.
    Have you gone through the support process - 

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/30400b52-7f26-4ba0-bc18-17e305329d90 - to reach your support options which should present the number for your location?

I don't have an updated number for Billing for OneCare in NZ, but if you have a contact number for your xBox Live account, that would be the same Billing account contact.
    -steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    Wednesday, July 1, 2009 2:50 PM
  • Thankyou for your help.  It auto renewed for 6 months, then is going to end.
    Saturday, July 4, 2009 2:29 PM
  • Thankyou for your help.  It auto renewed for 6 months, then is going to end.

Excellent. Glad that all is now well.
    -steve
    Sunday, July 5, 2009 5:23 PM