Can only open CRM on the CRM server RRS feed

• Question

• I recently deployed a new CRM server on a server 2008 R2 x64 box.  I can access the crm on the crm server itself but none of the clients.  I assume this is because I need to add a DNS record?  The new CRM is http://server02:5555/crmname so how do I go about adding this?

Thanks,

Scott

Scott Scanlon

Sunday, April 8, 2012 1:54 PM

Answers

• Try to use the ip address of server02 from the clients instead of the hostname to see whether it's a dns issue or a firewall issue.

You can also edit the hosts file (<windows-directory>\system32\drivers\etc\hosts) and add the entry there for testing purposes, something like this:

10.0.0.1 server02

Musings on Information Technology

Sunday, April 8, 2012 4:58 PM

All replies

• Can you telnet server02 port 5555 from the client ? ping server02 from the client ?

It should be port 80 if you want to accessing CRM from the client.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Krisna Ismayanto | My blogs: Krisna Ismayanto | Twitter: @ikrisna

Sunday, April 8, 2012 3:32 PM
  • Try to use the ip address of server02 from the clients instead of the hostname to see whether it's a dns issue or a firewall issue.

You can also edit the hosts file (<windows-directory>\system32\drivers\etc\hosts) and add the entry there for testing purposes, something like this:

10.0.0.1 server02

Musings on Information Technology

Sunday, April 8, 2012 4:58 PM
  • Thanks, after 2 days of deploying new servers the obvious was not checked...the firewall.  Just created new rule for port 5555 and clients can now access.  Thanks!

Scott Scanlon

Sunday, April 8, 2012 5:50 PM