Mappoint - Combine Territory Maps RRS feed

• Question

• Is it possible to combine 2 territory maps created at different levels, e.g. 1 created at Post Code Sector level, and the other at County? See below for why.

I have UK territory data broken down by post code sector. However, MapPoint doesn’t support post codes in Northern Ireland (as far as I can tell).

Within my data, Northern Ireland is a complete territory in itself. What I was hoping to do is map all the Great Britain territories at sector post code level, and then manually add Northern Ireland. However, when I right-click to select an area in Northern Ireland, then click “Add to territory”, nothing happens.

In testing, it seems the lowest level I can select anywhere in Northern Ireland, and add it a territory, is County level.

I'm using MapPoint 2010 Euro. If this is only possible in a newer version, then we’ll upgrade.

Friday, September 28, 2012 1:30 PM

Answers

• >>combine 2 territory maps created at different levels<<

Unfortunately no... if you want to get a map that looks the way you are describing, I think you might have to do some image editing in something like Paint. 

Make two maps one with Great Britain postal codes the way you want, then another with Northern Ireland the color you want, and then splice the images together to make it looks like a seamless map.

Does that make sense?

Eric

http://www.mapforums.com

• Marked as answer by Anders H' Monday, October 8, 2012 3:50 PM
    Thursday, October 4, 2012 1:51 PM

All replies

• >>combine 2 territory maps created at different levels<<

Unfortunately no... if you want to get a map that looks the way you are describing, I think you might have to do some image editing in something like Paint. 

Make two maps one with Great Britain postal codes the way you want, then another with Northern Ireland the color you want, and then splice the images together to make it looks like a seamless map.

Does that make sense?

Eric

http://www.mapforums.com

• Marked as answer by Anders H' Monday, October 8, 2012 3:50 PM
    Thursday, October 4, 2012 1:51 PM
  • Yes it does, thanks. I figured that might be the only way :( The slight issue is that NI is bottom of the scale, so I'll need to make sure that the heat map scales are consistent on both maps.

• Edited by Anders H' Friday, October 5, 2012 10:19 AM
    Friday, October 5, 2012 10:19 AM