What are "All Affiliated Records"? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

When I open one of my Contact records, on the left panel there is a link to Opportunities. In that Opportunities listing, there is a drop down list "Include" to select options: This Record only, Related Records, and All Affiliated Records.

When some users choose "All Affiliated Records", they get an error message:

"The logged-on user does not have the appropriate security permissions to view these records or perform the specific action..."

I've checked that user's Role. She has Organization read access to Contact, Opportunity, Activity, Note, Announcement and Subject.

Q1. What is "All Affiliated Records" and what does it show?

Q2. What other entity access rights do I need to give this user?

Q3. Is there a way I can hide the "All Affiliated Records" picklist option?

Thanks in advance for the help.

I'm using CRM 3 with Update Rollup 2 applied.

Thursday, September 4, 2008 3:09 AM

Answers

1. All Affiliated records are those that are linked via Relationships
    2. They will need privileges on the Opportunity Relationship, Customer Relationship and (probably) Relationship Role entities
    3. Not in an easy supported way
    Thursday, September 4, 2008 10:46 AM

All replies

1. All Affiliated records are those that are linked via Relationships
    2. They will need privileges on the Opportunity Relationship, Customer Relationship and (probably) Relationship Role entities
    3. Not in an easy supported way
    Thursday, September 4, 2008 10:46 AM
  • Thanks very much David. I did (2) and it worked.

But could you explain a bit more what All Affiliated Records are? You said they are opportunity records that are linked to Contacts via Relationships. What does that mean? Aren't all Opportunity records linked to Contacts via the "Potential Customer" field in Opportunity?

What is the difference in between "All Records", "Related Records" and "All Affiliated Records"?

Thank you.

Monday, September 15, 2008 10:01 AM