Key for Office Enterprise 2007 doesn't come back Genuine, on my Brand New Dell, running Vista Home Basic? RRS feed

• Question

•  

I am currently renting a Dell computer on a month purchase basis, and it was rented out before, however it's only 4 months old, and the software that came with it, is called Office Enterprise 2007. I can get updates for Windows Vista Home Basic OS, but when it comes to doing things with the office programs, and updates, the actual installation disk and all programs on it, "come back as not genuine key code?" Thus it won't let me merge mail, or do any updates for my Office Programs within Enterprise. I know damn well it's Genuine, Microsoft has to be wrong this time, the computer and software CD rom are both only 4 months old. Why is it coming back not Genuine and asking me for money to make it Genuine, when I'm actually renting the entire system and software from a computer rental agencey here in Canada?. Is there a way to fix the Code Key problem? Phone Number? Help? I tried uninstalling and reinstalling with the same key and keep updating but it comes back as NOT GENUINE SOFTWARE? What is my problem. Everything is fairly new. Please help me if you can................ frustrated with genuine problems...............
    Saturday, November 17, 2007 6:15 PM

Answers

• Please visit http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/office/WhyValidate.aspx and click on Validate Office.  Afterward, report back to this tread with the outcome and any messages shown.

Saturday, November 17, 2007 6:24 PM
  • Thanks i will do that now, and come back with results. thanks again. hope this works.

Saturday, November 17, 2007 6:28 PM
  •  

Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007:
    Validation Failed

The product key used to install Office is not valid. It has been identified by Microsoft as a false key used with counterfeit copies of Office.

[0x80180108]

Genuine Office

There are a variety of options for getting genuine Office, including purchasing Office through a retailer or with a new PC. Customers who are the victims of software counterfeiting may also submit a qualifying request for a complimentary copy. Find out more by clicking Get Genuine Now.

Saturday, November 17, 2007 6:29 PM
  • OK, now you know for certain that the copy of Microsoft Office is non-genuine.  Return the computer back to the rental company and demand a "genuine" version of Microsoft Office.

See: http://www.microsoft.com/resources/howtotell/office/

Saturday, November 17, 2007 6:38 PM
  • Thank You,

I am renting the Dell Dimension C521 from a Rental Company called EASY HOME, several outlets accross canada, use to be called RENT-TO-OWN at one time. I must be crazy to rent from them but it sounded good at the time. The computer is only 4 months old but the software must have been tampered with or FAKE ?

I thought they would have known better than to pre-install pirated Microsoft Software, The OS system Windows Vista Home Basic comes back as Genuine, but not the OFFICE SOFTWARE. The answer I got was to ship my cd back to Microsoft.

So I will do that, or bring it back to EASY HOME FOR  A REAL COPY OF THE OFFCIE ENTERPRISE 2007. It was part of the package deal when I agreed to make monthly installment purchases on this computer. I should not have to be going through this stuff so quick in the deal.

However, maybe since it was rented to someone else before me, maybe they were responsible. But I did, uninstall the office, then reinstall the office, keeps coming back NOT GENUINE. So therefore I must take it as being a PIRATE COPY that Easy Home Rentals are supplying their customers with.

Not Happy, but thanks for the updates, and quick response time.

Going to Easy Home Now.

yours,

Charles J. Wheeliker

jwheeliker@eastlink.ca

chuck_193@hotmail.com

Saturday, November 17, 2007 6:57 PM
  • Chuck,

Thank you for posting your diagnostic information. Diagnostic results help our team in determining the root cause of your issue. We are sorry to hear about the problem your currently experiencing. I can see right away what the issue is and why you are not passing validation.  Unfortunately, the product key used to install Microsoft Office Suite is a Volume License Key (VLK) that has been blocked per the request of the legal VLK holder.  As a rule, VLK editions of either an Operating System and/or Office should not be sold to individual consumers. Businesses, schools and governments normally use VLK editions for flexibility in installing many computers. Also, Volume Licenses for Windows XP and MS Office are Upgrade licenses ONLY and cannot be used as the original or base license for a new computer. Also please review the Validation Advisor for further guidance at:

https://www.microsoft.com/genuine/selfhelp/ValidationHelp.aspx

First, if this comes as a total surprise to you, please visit the retailer where you purchased the computer or operating system and let them know the operating system is a counterfeit copy.  Please print a copy of the diagnostic report so you may show them proof for the VLK status. Request they immediately reimburse you and/or provide a Genuine Copy.

Windows Genuine Advantage (WGA) is here to help protect YOU, our valued customer. It is important for more people like you to report piracy @ http://www.microsoft.com/piracy/default.mspx  who have become victims. Microsoft legal will follow up on all leads provided.  Submitting piracy reports will assist in stopping unscrupulous business practices.  We CANNOT determine the "Quality" level of non-Genuine submissions and cannot guarantee such a thing here on the forum. You may be eligible for free software if you have high quality counterfeit discs as illustrated here:

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/howtotell/content.aspx?displaylang=en&pg=counterfeit

Again, we are sorry to hear about your situation. Please be sure to backup or otherwise offload any data from the hard disk because a clean installation/reimaging will destroy all personal user data on the hard drive. Please don't hesitate re-posting if you need further assistance.  

Thank you,

Stephen Holm, MS

Tuesday, January 8, 2008 8:02 PM

All replies

• Please visit http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/office/WhyValidate.aspx and click on Validate Office.  Afterward, report back to this tread with the outcome and any messages shown.

Saturday, November 17, 2007 6:24 PM
  • Thanks i will do that now, and come back with results. thanks again. hope this works.

Saturday, November 17, 2007 6:28 PM
  •  

Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007:
    Validation Failed

The product key used to install Office is not valid. It has been identified by Microsoft as a false key used with counterfeit copies of Office.

[0x80180108]

Genuine Office

There are a variety of options for getting genuine Office, including purchasing Office through a retailer or with a new PC. Customers who are the victims of software counterfeiting may also submit a qualifying request for a complimentary copy. Find out more by clicking Get Genuine Now.

Saturday, November 17, 2007 6:29 PM
  • OK, now you know for certain that the copy of Microsoft Office is non-genuine.  Return the computer back to the rental company and demand a "genuine" version of Microsoft Office.

See: http://www.microsoft.com/resources/howtotell/office/

Saturday, November 17, 2007 6:38 PM
  • Thank You,

I am renting the Dell Dimension C521 from a Rental Company called EASY HOME, several outlets accross canada, use to be called RENT-TO-OWN at one time. I must be crazy to rent from them but it sounded good at the time. The computer is only 4 months old but the software must have been tampered with or FAKE ?

I thought they would have known better than to pre-install pirated Microsoft Software, The OS system Windows Vista Home Basic comes back as Genuine, but not the OFFICE SOFTWARE. The answer I got was to ship my cd back to Microsoft.

So I will do that, or bring it back to EASY HOME FOR  A REAL COPY OF THE OFFCIE ENTERPRISE 2007. It was part of the package deal when I agreed to make monthly installment purchases on this computer. I should not have to be going through this stuff so quick in the deal.

However, maybe since it was rented to someone else before me, maybe they were responsible. But I did, uninstall the office, then reinstall the office, keeps coming back NOT GENUINE. So therefore I must take it as being a PIRATE COPY that Easy Home Rentals are supplying their customers with.

Not Happy, but thanks for the updates, and quick response time.

Going to Easy Home Now.

yours,

Charles J. Wheeliker

jwheeliker@eastlink.ca

chuck_193@hotmail.com

Saturday, November 17, 2007 6:57 PM
  • Chuck,

Thank you for posting your diagnostic information. Diagnostic results help our team in determining the root cause of your issue. We are sorry to hear about the problem your currently experiencing. I can see right away what the issue is and why you are not passing validation.  Unfortunately, the product key used to install Microsoft Office Suite is a Volume License Key (VLK) that has been blocked per the request of the legal VLK holder.  As a rule, VLK editions of either an Operating System and/or Office should not be sold to individual consumers. Businesses, schools and governments normally use VLK editions for flexibility in installing many computers. Also, Volume Licenses for Windows XP and MS Office are Upgrade licenses ONLY and cannot be used as the original or base license for a new computer. Also please review the Validation Advisor for further guidance at:

https://www.microsoft.com/genuine/selfhelp/ValidationHelp.aspx

First, if this comes as a total surprise to you, please visit the retailer where you purchased the computer or operating system and let them know the operating system is a counterfeit copy.  Please print a copy of the diagnostic report so you may show them proof for the VLK status. Request they immediately reimburse you and/or provide a Genuine Copy.

Windows Genuine Advantage (WGA) is here to help protect YOU, our valued customer. It is important for more people like you to report piracy @ http://www.microsoft.com/piracy/default.mspx  who have become victims. Microsoft legal will follow up on all leads provided.  Submitting piracy reports will assist in stopping unscrupulous business practices.  We CANNOT determine the "Quality" level of non-Genuine submissions and cannot guarantee such a thing here on the forum. You may be eligible for free software if you have high quality counterfeit discs as illustrated here:

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/howtotell/content.aspx?displaylang=en&pg=counterfeit

Again, we are sorry to hear about your situation. Please be sure to backup or otherwise offload any data from the hard disk because a clean installation/reimaging will destroy all personal user data on the hard drive. Please don't hesitate re-posting if you need further assistance.  

Thank you,

Stephen Holm, MS

Tuesday, January 8, 2008 8:02 PM