ACPI error RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,  this is my first post on here. So any help on this would be appriciated.

I orginally installed WHS on a Iomega DataSafe NAS that I had Freenas installed on. It is quite old but it did the job (storage wise). WHS installed without any issue. The system is running a PIII 500MHZ, 512MB PC133, 3x 250GB harddrives. But do to the age and hardware on the Iomega is slow. I recently bought a 2U Tyan Dual PIII 1GHz  server that I wanted to install WHS on. I thought that this system having better hardware on it, that I would not have an issue with WHS.

After installing hard drives and DVD-rom, I put in the DVD and turning it on to install WHS. It goes through the first initial setup, then errors out. Giving me an error message of something close to Could not finish setup due to BIOS not ACPI compliant. Sorry, I am at work so I can not give the exact error message. I updated to this latest BIOS version I could find on my MB. Still same error message.

I would thing there would be a command line switch that I could use to bypass this check. I can install Win Server 2k3 without any issues. What makes WHS different? anyone else seen this error?

Tuesday, May 15, 2007 5:22 AM

All replies

• I had the same issue. During the installation, press F5 when it prompts you to press F6 for third party drivers. Since I didn't take a snapshot of the screen, I don't know all of the choices. You'll need to keep trying each one until the install completes.
    Tuesday, May 15, 2007 3:22 PM
  • Thats might work, if I ever got that far.  When i first turn on my server and it boots to the DVD. The first screen I get is install files, when it finish, the next screen pops up with this error.
    Tuesday, May 15, 2007 10:54 PM