GeneralObjectAlreadyExists error when saving a Timesheet RRS feed

• Question

• We have one user (of about 300) who is having an issue when trying to create/submit their timesheet.  The user enters the hours worked for last week and clicks "Save and Validate".  After a few moments, the user gets an email that the TimesheetUpdate job failed.  I checked the Queue Manager and here is the error I see:

Error summary/areas:

Timesheet line already exists

GeneralObjectAlreadyExists

Queue

GeneralQueueJobFailed

Error details:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>

<errinfo>

<general>

<class name="Timesheet line already exists">

<error id="20008" name="GeneralObjectAlreadyExists" uid="a02c0635-f080-458c-ae0f-d46878ae7062" objectUID="bf357fdf-502a-461d-9996-ef835e56f220" />

</class>

<class name="Queue">

<error id="26000" name="GeneralQueueJobFailed" uid="5fc615b0-23ab-4114-8059-28f697a7ff5c" JobUID="ae4169e6-fdb0-488e-aba8-51f30731172b" ComputerName="SERVER01" GroupType="TimesheetUpdate" MessageType="UpdateTimesheetMessage" MessageId="1" Stage="" />

</class>

</general>

</errinfo>
    I cancelled the job in the queue and had the user delete the timesheet and retry, but still the same error.  The user is only adding one line to her timesheet and it is the same project/task that they use each week.  Any ideas?

• Edited by Sephiroth0327 Thursday, December 30, 2010 5:59 PM Fixed server name
    Thursday, December 30, 2010 5:58 PM

Answers

All replies

• We also tried restarting the Queue service and even rebooting the server and still the same issue
    Tuesday, January 4, 2011 3:45 PM
  • Sounds like a data issue, not sure what version and what software updates you are running but would try with recent updates to see if that fixes the issue, if not would contact Microsoft support
    Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page
    Monday, January 24, 2011 6:08 PM
  • This is occuring for my users, where the Task in timesheet has duplicates. Task Name should unique per timesheet.

Not sure, if microsoft fixed this. I am currently on Project Server 2010 Service Pack1.

Thanks & Regards
    Ravishankar Polepalli (MCP,MCC)
    Microsoft Dynamics, Project Server and SharePoint Server Consultant
    ravi.polepalli@gmail.com

Sunday, August 12, 2012 6:12 AM