Adobe PDF Reader Control RRS feed

• Question

• Greetings all,

I am trying to add Adobe PDF Reader control to my project, once I drag-drop on the form, it shows the following error:

Any Idea how to solve it?

Thanking you

• Edited by Jamil.Saif Friday, April 17, 2015 7:14 AM
    • Moved by Youjun Tang Tuesday, April 21, 2015 1:43 AM more related to the suggested forum
    Friday, April 17, 2015 7:12 AM

Answers

• Thanks again,

Well, I think the original tread you posted in your first reply, which addressed DLL registration was not applicable because the Adobe DLL files are already registered by Adobe itself, and that module was discussing custom OCX / DLL files created by the user himself. Based on that your second reply came up with a tool which is not applicable as well ...

The DLL should be registered by acrobat PDF reader itself because Acrobat Reader is working properly and has no issues with, which leads to finding something related with Visual Studio Environment itself, as I think yet.

thank you again

I saw several things about using this file on a 64 bit systems. It may be a 32 bit dll or may be both 32 and 64 bit versions of the dll? Just a long shot. What cpu do you compile for Any, 64, 32 ?

There are also many other things you will find if you search the exact error message. Don't know if any of it relates to what you have. But many of the issues were due to registry problems on the system etc. Some of it is what Fouad is showing you.

• Proposed as answer by Reed KimbleMVP Monday, April 20, 2015 6:04 PM
    • Marked as answer by Just Karl Tuesday, April 28, 2015 10:21 PM
    Friday, April 17, 2015 12:07 PM
  • Hi Jamil.Saif,

Thank you for visiting the MSDN forum.

Microsoft don't provide support for Adobe PDF Reader control, it's a 3rd-party component now.

Please post in Adobe official site for help:

https://forums.adobe.com/welcome

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards,
    Youjun Tang

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Edited by Youjun Tang Monday, April 20, 2015 7:49 AM
    Monday, April 20, 2015 7:49 AM
  • Ensure that the project assembly and reference assembly target the same platform (as Tommy stated; this may be a simple matter of needing to compile your application in 32 bit, or referencing a 64bit PDF assembly).

Beyond that, this would be an issue for Adobe.  Please don't shoot the messengers (Fouad was only trying to help and didn't deserve such as response).

One other note:

The easiest way to show a PDF in a Windows Forms application is to use the WebBrowser control and allow the default Acrobat browser plugin to do the work.

Reed Kimble - "When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

• Proposed as answer by Frank L. Smith Monday, April 20, 2015 6:42 PM
    Monday, April 20, 2015 6:07 PM

All replies

• It could be an issue with the dll registration as the message saying, check the below thread for a similar error:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6760916/failed-to-create-component-axhost-system-runtime-interopservices-comexception

Fouad Roumieh

Friday, April 17, 2015 9:33 AM
  • Thanks, I tried to register, it give me the error:

Friday, April 17, 2015 10:52 AM
  • Thanks again,

Well, I think the original tread you posted in your first reply, which addressed DLL registration was not applicable because the Adobe DLL files are already registered by Adobe itself, and that module was discussing custom OCX / DLL files created by the user himself. Based on that your second reply came up with a tool which is not applicable as well ...

The DLL should be registered by acrobat PDF reader itself because Acrobat Reader is working properly and has no issues with, which leads to finding something related with Visual Studio Environment itself, as I think yet.

thank you again

Friday, April 17, 2015 11:55 AM
  • Thanks again,

thank you again

I saw several things about using this file on a 64 bit systems. It may be a 32 bit dll or may be both 32 and 64 bit versions of the dll? Just a long shot. What cpu do you compile for Any, 64, 32 ?

There are also many other things you will find if you search the exact error message. Don't know if any of it relates to what you have. But many of the issues were due to registry problems on the system etc. Some of it is what Fouad is showing you.

Friday, April 17, 2015 12:07 PM
  • Thanks again,

thank you again

With such errors we follow the error messages and search the internet, sometime it works sometimes not. There is no one straight forward fix sometimes. However I think that it is the wrong forum for this issue, but I can't advise for another one at the moment, maybe one of the moderators will move it to the right place.

Fouad Roumieh

Friday, April 17, 2015 12:21 PM
  • Here is the problem, once your suggestion did not work, you are asking to remove the thread to another forum !!!why did not you suggest earlier? once the thread become active and other Professionals might help with a Professional solution you want to move it?

Thanks

Friday, April 17, 2015 12:32 PM
  • Here is the problem, once your suggestion did not work, you are asking to remove the thread to another forum !!!why did not you suggest earlier? once the thread become active and other Professionals might help with a Professional solution you want to move it?

Thanks

You're right I should have noticed that from the beginning. However if I asked that doesn't mean an order for you. But you may expect to be moved by a moderator for a better forum and the people can still follow up on it,unless they closed because its out of subject. don't stress!.

Fouad Roumieh

Friday, April 17, 2015 12:41 PM
  • This thread under:

Visual Studio Languages >.NET Framework Visual Basic

Unless you think it should be posted under "Games" or "beginner how to" !!! then it should remain here, not because you just jumped in with the freaky tools that has nothing to do with the original post !!!

Friday, April 17, 2015 12:52 PM
  • This thread under:

Visual Studio Languages >.NET Framework Visual Basic

Unless you think it should be posted under "Games" or "beginner how to" !!! then it should remain here, not because you just jumped in with the freaky tools that has nothing to do with the original post !!!

I don't know why you want to keep with your non-sense language, but I will respect what your mind is set to.

Just a simple and last sentence from my side: Visual Basic forum is for Visual basic code issues

Hope you will be able to grasp it.

Regards,

Fouad Roumieh

Friday, April 17, 2015 12:57 PM
  • Dont waste more time, let others say their professional replies !!

Friday, April 17, 2015 1:01 PM
  • Hi Jamil.Saif,

Thank you for visiting the MSDN forum.

Microsoft don't provide support for Adobe PDF Reader control, it's a 3rd-party component now.

Please post in Adobe official site for help:

https://forums.adobe.com/welcome

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards,
    Youjun Tang

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Edited by Youjun Tang Monday, April 20, 2015 7:49 AM
    Monday, April 20, 2015 7:49 AM
  • Ensure that the project assembly and reference assembly target the same platform (as Tommy stated; this may be a simple matter of needing to compile your application in 32 bit, or referencing a 64bit PDF assembly).

Beyond that, this would be an issue for Adobe.  Please don't shoot the messengers (Fouad was only trying to help and didn't deserve such as response).

One other note:

The easiest way to show a PDF in a Windows Forms application is to use the WebBrowser control and allow the default Acrobat browser plugin to do the work.

Reed Kimble - "When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

• Proposed as answer by Frank L. Smith Monday, April 20, 2015 6:42 PM
    Monday, April 20, 2015 6:07 PM
  • Jamil,

If you're willing to spend some money to get a top-notch control, you might consider this one. It does a really good job.

Still lost in code, just at a little higher level.

:-)

Monday, April 20, 2015 6:42 PM