none
70-169 SBS 2011 Standard Certification RRS feed

• Question

• Can anyone offer any assistance in prep for this cert? I have been up and down a few blogs, and have installed and deployed thios server twice now.  I would like to obtain the cert, and not sure the SBS 2008 books are the best resource. Any advice is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Tuesday, April 5, 2011 6:47 PM

Answers

• Wow - that exam was just released less than a month ago!

My suggestion, cram up and plan to take it twice. After you take it the first time, create your own personal braindump (don't share it with anyone!) to prepare and take it again within two weeks (before you forget).

You can register for the exam with a code for a free second shot. MCTs (like me) can give you a one-time use code. Since you're in my certification community, I can send a code, so long as you send me an email request and your country to corkwatchr at h0t mail. It beats the 15% surcharge for the second shot they're advertising right now.

Folks - let's not have a bunch of people posting to this question. This is PSI-DTG' post. If you ask here, I'm not going to help you.

Good luck with your certification goals.

Best wishes, Davin Mickelson
    Tuesday, April 5, 2011 7:22 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Wow - that exam was just released less than a month ago!

My suggestion, cram up and plan to take it twice. After you take it the first time, create your own personal braindump (don't share it with anyone!) to prepare and take it again within two weeks (before you forget).

You can register for the exam with a code for a free second shot. MCTs (like me) can give you a one-time use code. Since you're in my certification community, I can send a code, so long as you send me an email request and your country to corkwatchr at h0t mail. It beats the 15% surcharge for the second shot they're advertising right now.

Folks - let's not have a bunch of people posting to this question. This is PSI-DTG' post. If you ask here, I'm not going to help you.

Good luck with your certification goals.

Best wishes, Davin Mickelson
    Tuesday, April 5, 2011 7:22 PM
    Answerer
  • Manage Microsoft Exchange Server.
    • This objective may include but is not limited to: maintain logging; db management, e.g., defragment db; quota management, add additional email domains, redirect email, configure mobile device Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync

This part is about Sharepoint Foundation:

• Configure Microsoft SharePoint
    • This objective may include but is not limited to: create and modify SharePoint sites (e.g., new team sites, blog sites, wiki sites), assign user permissions, configure document upload and handling

So if you ask me, If you know your SBS2008 Stuff and passed that exam, youre almost good to go!

/Jörgen

• Jörgen Hjärtenflo
Tuesday, April 26, 2011 10:34 AM
  • Thanks Davin- tomorrow is d-day, I might need to take you up on that free second shot. I'll keep you posted.
    Tuesday, May 3, 2011 8:48 PM
  • Davin - Knocked it out! No retake here. On to Sharepoint 2010 or Exchange 2010...
    Wednesday, May 4, 2011 8:43 PM
  • Sorry to re-open an old post but If you don't mind my asking what exactly did you use for your preparation for this cert??  I have the Windows Small Business Server 2011 Administrators Companion and fell it is inadequate.  I have been warned about Microsoft Certs being insane and need to make sure I get the best training before I attempt the 70-169.  Thanks in advance.

Sincerely

Mr. Oosterhoff

Wednesday, January 4, 2012 3:54 AM