none
ARCHIVE Money Sunset Home and Business Version RRS feed

• Question

• I would like to archive my 2011 accounts.

I can archive all my accounts in Money Sunset except the Business Account recievables. I would like to archive everything.

Other than manually removing all the Invoices, is there anyway I can archive everything so I can start afresh ?
    Without creating a new file and having to enter everything back in again ?

Any help would as always be appreciated.

Happy New year.

Monday, January 2, 2012 12:39 AM

All replies

• Have you tried File->Archive? I don't recommend it, but some people like that concept. You may be one.

There is no easy way to un-archive. Don't expect archiving to make your file faster or appreciably smaller.

Monday, January 2, 2012 7:02 AM
  • Yes, I have archived the Money file. However it keeps the "Business" transactions that are related to the Tax Invoices issued.

Is there someway to mass delete all the entries in the account register ?

Monday, January 2, 2012 9:38 AM
  • There is no multiple delete as such.  You could select the first transaction of the account, and press the Delete key. Then press the Enter key in response to the pop-up. Poke the keys alternately. You could delete a lot of transactions in 5 minutes.

Alternatively,  Delete the account by right-clicking the account from the AccountList. Then re-create the now-empty account. Either enter a starting balance or put in a single entry to account for the balance.

If you wanted to keep maybe the last one year, you could do loose QIF export before deleting the account. Edit the QIF file to delete the records you do not want. Delete  the account. Import the QIF into the new account.

It does not sound advantagious in that you will limit what reports you can generate. So keep an extra copy of your file in case you don't like the result.

Monday, January 2, 2012 3:56 PM