Known issue: 0x0000007B RRS feed

• Question

• I tried to add this to a thread with the same subject in the FAQ's forum but it wouldn't let me.

It would be nice if we created a thread with peoples problems installing WHS on their own equipment and how they resolved the problems. I have been battling an error for 6 weeks related to this subject and have finally figured out the problem. I thought I would list what I did to correct it if other are interested. They guy at microsoft told me this was by far the most common install problem so I thought it would be beneficial.
    Wednesday, November 26, 2008 1:42 AM

All replies

• someone_help_me_please said:

I tried to add this to a thread with the same subject in the FAQ's forum but it wouldn't let me.

It would be nice if we created a thread with peoples problems installing WHS on their own equipment and how they resolved the problems. I have been battling an error for 6 weeks related to this subject and have finally figured out the problem. I thought I would list what I did to correct it if other are interested. They guy at microsoft told me this was by far the most common install problem so I thought it would be beneficial.

You are right. This is a known issue. It is because there are no inbox drivers for serveral storage controllers. This is partly because some of the controllers are newer than XP and Server 2003 and partly because there is no inbox support for these drivers.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314859/

Thank you
    Lara Jones [MSFT] Windows Home Server Team
    Wednesday, November 26, 2008 2:37 AM