Backups for deleted computer not being purged RRS feed

• Question

• Windows Home Server 2011.

I've had one (and only one) PC connected to my home server and being backed up. I recently dismantled that PC, stopped/deleted backups from the home server console, then deleted the computer account from the home server console. That was several days and yet the Client Computer Backups folder is still hundreds of GB's.

Is it possible to purge these old backups to reclaim disk space? I've read that you should never delete these files manually, yet I can't find any UI option to purge old backups. I recall there was an option in WHS v1 but I can't find anything in the WHS2011 console.

Thanks

Tuesday, April 2, 2013 1:28 PM

Answers

• It should clear when the "Cleanup" task runs on a Saturday night (default weekly schedule). You can run the task manually by opening the Task Scheduler on your Server and running the task.

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

• Marked as answer by Jason Clishe Tuesday, April 2, 2013 2:57 PM
    Tuesday, April 2, 2013 2:46 PM

All replies

• It should clear when the "Cleanup" task runs on a Saturday night (default weekly schedule). You can run the task manually by opening the Task Scheduler on your Server and running the task.

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

• Marked as answer by Jason Clishe Tuesday, April 2, 2013 2:57 PM
    Tuesday, April 2, 2013 2:46 PM
  • That did it, thanks!
    Tuesday, April 2, 2013 2:57 PM