OCS and SharePoint - Outlook RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

We have OCS up and running and working like a charm both internally and for remote/federated users (less the VoIP component).  The one problem we have is that our internal users do not see the enhanced presence in MOSS or Outlook?  I confirmed the registry settings are correct for Office but I believe I know what my problem might be.  Our primary email domain name includes DNS servers that are hosted by an ISP and when we deployed OCS, this ISP did not support the creation of SRV records which we all know is mandatory of OCS.  So, we decided to purchase a second domain (primary is @company.com and the SIP one is @company.net) and deploy a public facing DNS server for that domain so that we could create the SRV records.

Am I correct that the enhanced presence is based off of the primary SMTP email address and because our SIP URI is different from the email address = the issue that I have?  If so, does anyone know of a fix.  We have a long term plan to port over the hosted DNS to our own servers but it's a ways out.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Thursday, February 21, 2008 2:22 PM