none
Adding a template for the questions RRS feed

• General discussion

• HI Guys

I have a quick suggestion, In the forum TSQL Challenges, most of the newbies forget about the posting the DDL and also the test data and expected results..... (although it is in the FAQ)....

It might be because they are in a hurry and want to get the solution very quickly....

The forum answerers cannot answer the question without the basic DDL, test data and the expected out....

So, my suggestion is to add a template to the question body so, that it might serve as a remainder for them to post that as well to get the best possible solutions....

What do you guys think about it.

Nothing is Permanent... even Knowledge....
    My Blog
    • Moved by Sean Jenkin Thursday, August 4, 2011 4:50 PM Moving to the forums forum (From:MSDN, TechNet, and Expression Profile and Recognition System Discussions)
    Thursday, August 4, 2011 9:07 AM

All replies

• Nice suggestion, but wrong forum. There is a suggestions for the forums forum.
    For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog
    Thursday, August 4, 2011 2:26 PM
  • Yes, you are correct, I didn't realise this until you have mentioned about.... Now I have to wait until the moderators moves it...

Sean -- please dont delete the post, please move it to the forums suggestion please...............

Nothing is Permanent... even Knowledge....
    My Blog
    Thursday, August 4, 2011 2:30 PM
  • Yes and a confirmation page would be helpful to remind the user the existence of other forums like forums.asp.net, forums.iis.net etc if related terms are mentioned in the question (e.g. asp.net, IIS, ISAPI...)

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Friday, August 5, 2011 5:14 PM