none
Can the sync framework accomplish this? RRS feed

• Question

• I have read up quite a fair bit on the sync framework and I'm not sure if it is suitable for my current requirements.

Scenario:

My company has 4 offices, 3 branch offices, and 1 HQ.

Each branch's database has an Employee table containing employees in their branch (Branch A does not have branch B's employee details, and  vice versa)

HQ, however, will contain all offices' employee details.

Will the sync framework be able to perform the following:

1) If Branch A adds 3 employee records, it will be synced back to HQ.As such, HQ will have all records from all branches.

2) If Branch B modifies an employee records, it will be propagated back to HQ.

3) If HQ modifies a record of one of Branch A's employee, it will be synced back to Branch A, so Branch A's database will be updated with the latest modification made to its employee.

Given the above scenario, is sync framework flexible enough to meet this 2 way, multi slave-single master architecture?

If the sync framework isn't suitable, are there any other patterns out there suitable? Or do I have to build something custom for this?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated!
    Thursday, August 23, 2012 7:48 AM

Answers

• that should work out of the box. Make sure you use the SyncOchestrator/SqlSyncProvider combo.
    • Marked as answer by Louis Leong Thursday, August 23, 2012 9:53 AM
    Thursday, August 23, 2012 9:05 AM