none
Where can I make a complaint to MICROSOFT about PROMETRIC ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Moderators,

I had a terrible problem with PROMETRIC and their mis behavior and lack of consideration towards examinees. Today, I had a four hour 70-516 exam and I finished answering all questions and 5 minutes left. I had to review about 6-7 questions in the last 5 minutes as I was not sure on my answer. Their software has a bug when the user clicks on the '5 minute warning' pop-up. It froze and stopped working. I could not finish the exam.

I was patient and stayed at the test site for close to 2 hours when the testing site was trying to resolve the problem in anticipation of getting the result. It looks like the problem is with PROMETRIC Test driver. After 2 hours, I start feeling dizzy because I had not eaten for 5 hours (being at the test site). At this point, I had to intervene because the Customer Service wants me to stay another 3 hours. No body bothered to my effort, loss of work time and other committments. When I told TC that I cannot stay longer, they gave a ticket and asked me to retake the whole test !!!

Not sure why Microsoft is going with PROMETRIC. I gave close to 5 exams when Microsoft is with PEARSON VUE and about 3 with PROMETRIC. I never had a good experience with PROMETRIC. I am reaching a point where I am questioning whether it is worth even taking the Microsoft Certification Exam at all since PROMETRIC is not at all worth going to !!

Where can I make a complaint to MICROSOFT for my loss of work time and having to go through this ordeal with PROMETRIC ?

At this point, I dont have a result, because they are processsssing my exam file until Monday !!!

Prasad

Saturday, January 28, 2012 12:21 AM

Answers

• Hi Prasad,

I am sorry that you had such a bad experience with your exam.  I am a developer/trainer and I know that the 70-516 exam is difficult enough without having technical issues.

I would suggest that you contact MCPHelp@microsoft.com
    This email alias directs your questions/comments to the Microsoft Regional Support Staff.  You should add your MCP ID (if you have one) and information about the testing center, confirmation number for the exam, etc.

Let me know if I can be of further help.  Good luck,

Mike Corkery, MCT, MCPD, MCITP, MCTS, MCSD, MCAD, etc.

Saturday, January 28, 2012 2:08 AM

All replies

• Hi Prasad,

I am sorry that you had such a bad experience with your exam.  I am a developer/trainer and I know that the 70-516 exam is difficult enough without having technical issues.

I would suggest that you contact MCPHelp@microsoft.com
    This email alias directs your questions/comments to the Microsoft Regional Support Staff.  You should add your MCP ID (if you have one) and information about the testing center, confirmation number for the exam, etc.

Let me know if I can be of further help.  Good luck,

Mike Corkery, MCT, MCPD, MCITP, MCTS, MCSD, MCAD, etc.

Saturday, January 28, 2012 2:08 AM
  • Mike, Thank you for your help.

Prasad

Sunday, January 29, 2012 11:48 PM