WHS2011 Remote Desktop Script Hangs Setting up the Router even if skip router setup is checked and ports 80 and 443 forwarded manually! RRS feed

• Question

• WHS2011 Remote Desktop Script Hangs Setting up the Router even if skip router setup is checked and ports 80 and 443 forwarded manually!
    Friday, April 18, 2014 12:24 AM

All replies

• Has it ever worked for you, i.e., have you been able to set up Remote Web Access (RWA) before? If so, then a work around that _may_ help is (a) start the wizard, (b) when it hangs at "Setting up the router...", go to task manager and kill the process (which should kill the application, not the other way around).

Then, you might be able to access through https://yourservername.homeserver.com/remote. Yes, the "/remote" part needs to be there, at least for me. I have the same issue with the hanging, tried a zillion of things and, funnilly enough, it had worked before. You'll be able to find more on this here and at forum.wegotserved.com.

Never did get an answer to how exactly I should analyse/debug this issue and it sure as hell does not seem to be anything related to my router.

Friday, April 18, 2014 6:16 AM
  • Thank-you for your reply.  It worked for about 6 months. No changes to the server except Windows Updates, suspect an update caused this. I already use that work around but would like to have it work as intended.
    Friday, April 18, 2014 7:21 PM
  • I understand, I am in the same situation. I simply have no way to make any progress on this issue that I can think of. Should you get it to work then please tell us al how.

Saturday, April 19, 2014 8:16 AM
  • Hi,

Based on current situation, please refer to the following similar thread and check if can help you.

Setting up Router Hangs

Meanwhile, please refer to the following article and check if configure your router correctly.

Windows Home Server Router Setup

Meanwhile, please check if you can connect remotely to view the logs on WHS 2011. (Open Event Viewer on your local computer. Then click Action tab and select “Connect to Another Computer…” to connect to the WHS 2011.) Please check if you can find some related events.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Justin Gu

Tuesday, April 22, 2014 6:18 AM
  • Dear Justin, are you aware that the thread you refer to does not actually contain a solution to this issue?

There are a zillion events in the Event Viewer. Could you give us some filtering hints? Would you know whether the wizard writes to any log file that we may check?

Many thanks and kind rgds,

Umf

• Edited by Umfriend Tuesday, April 22, 2014 6:04 PM
    Tuesday, April 22, 2014 6:04 PM