Wireless sync for Zune RRS feed

• Question

• I am attempting sync my Zune wirelessly. I have done this successfully in the past, however my wireless network was not secured at the time. Now that it is my Zune will not connect.

How do I set One Care to allow this connection?

Wednesday, August 13, 2008 7:27 PM

Answers

• You'll need to reconfigure the Zune wireless sync to connect to your newly secured network. The following information from Instant Help explains how to obtain the Key from within OneCare, which will be needed during the setup of the Zune wireless sync.

Add a device to a wireless network manually

To add a device to a newly secured wireless network, follow the instructions in the manufacturer's manual for the device. If you need more help, contact the manufacturer of the device.

Note

You must enter the SSID and network key to add a device.

Find your network name and network key
    To add a computer to a wireless network if you used the Add a PC wizard in Windows Live OneCare:
    1. On the computer that you used to help secure the wireless network, click Change Settings.
    2. On Firewall tab, click Advanced settings.
    3. On the Network connections tab, click your wireless network, and then click Details.
    4. The SSID and network key appear in the Security Information area.

If the Zune sync still doesn't work, head over to the Zune Community forums for help. (My Zunes don't like my wireless G access point and will only use the slower "b" access point, so I don't bother with wireless sync....)

-steve

Thursday, August 14, 2008 1:03 PM