none
Am I being Hacked? RRS feed

• Question

• Three days ago, I was surfing the internet and my Nextbook tablet blue screened. There was a pop up on the screen telling me to call Microsoft, which I  called the number. While I was on the phone, I was placed on hold then received an incoming call. The person told me he was from Microsoft and would have to connect to my computer remotely. I allowed him to do this. While I watched him on my tablet, he did a bunch of things which I have no idea what.  Now, it seems there is always someone on with me.  Things get moved around and it's just not quite. 

I have Windows Defender and ran a scan but it come up and says the tablet is fine.  I don't think so. 

I know it wasn't Microsoft I was talking to and I know he said he was uploading all the data on my tablet to him but I think he put something on mine! 

How can I find out what happened and if I have spyware or malware or a virus or something on the tablet?  I am very uncomfortable now. 

Please advise.  

Thursday, October 29, 2015 2:01 PM

All replies

• Hi,

at first - sry but this is the wrong forum for that.

second

- disable the network-communication

- backup your data manually

- reinstall your tablet (and before reinstalling you can search on your tablet WITH network-communication DISABLED and you can look whats going on there)

Regards

Friday, October 30, 2015 6:42 AM
  • They'll help you over here.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Friday, October 30, 2015 1:27 PM