Windows Update for Windows Mobile 5 RRS feed

• Question

• Has there been any consideration for implementing Windows Update for those of us using Windows Mobile 5 that may never see an update otherwise available to Windows Mobile 6? I just think this would be one way of keeping users happy even if they/we have to stick to a Windows Mobile 5 phone for a little longer but want some of the upgraded accessibility and funcionality options available on Windows Mobile 6.
    Friday, June 29, 2007 5:37 PM

Answers

• The updates are available to the providers but they have to rework them to fit the specifics of their devices.  Some will offer them, others will not.
    Saturday, June 30, 2007 4:58 PM

All replies

• The updates are available to the providers but they have to rework them to fit the specifics of their devices.  Some will offer them, others will not.
    Saturday, June 30, 2007 4:58 PM
  • if your device is from at&t gthen go here....if not go to your cell phone company or the maker of you device website and search for upgrade mobile 5 or mobile 6 upgrade.

if you have an 8525, blackjack, palm treo 750, or 8125 from at&t then go here:  http://wireless.att.com/businesscenter/phone-devices/pda-windows-mobile.jsp;d

if your device is somewhere else then go to your makers website or you cell phone company website and start looking.

Wednesday, July 4, 2007 4:50 AM
  • Unfortunately, in both cases - my provider has not offered an upgrade and has otherwise made it known online that they do not intend to, albeit extraofficially. Hence why I was asking if there has been any consideration for a Windows Update installation for Windows Mobile 5 users... Thanks though.
    Thursday, July 5, 2007 9:05 PM
  • MVP, That helps those with a proprietary phone. I have an unlocked phone (HTC Herald 4350) is it possible to get mine updated??
    Saturday, July 14, 2007 6:12 PM
  • Robert8525,

your link is a dead end, got anything better?

Saturday, October 13, 2007 6:27 PM
  • Just attempting to update my windows mobile - please advise

Sunday, November 4, 2007 5:25 PM
  • i have htc p3400

Wednesday, January 30, 2008 9:41 PM