Error when installing new instance RRS feed

• Question

• Hi i am installing a new instance fro micrososft dynamics CRM 4.0, i am getting the following error

Error| Create new Organization (Name=foret, Id=341a580d-88e8-dd11-b349-000c298e3dbc) failed with Exception:
    Microsoft.Crm.CrmArgumentOutOfRangeException: DateTime is less than minumum value supported by CrmDateTime. Actual value: 11/09/1802 14:50:21, Minimum value supported: 01/01/1900 00:00:00 ---> System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: DateTime is less than minumum value supported by CrmDateTime. Actual value: 11/09/1802 14:50:21, Minimum value supported: 01/01/1900 00:00:00
    Parameter name: universalTime
    Actual value was 09/11/1802 14:50:21.
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at Microsoft.Crm.BusinessEntities.CrmDateTime.ValidateTime(String parameterName, DateTime time)
       at Microsoft.Crm.BusinessEntities.CrmDateTime.Initialize(Style style, DateTime time)
       at Microsoft.Crm.BusinessEntities.CrmDateTime.FromUniversal(DateTime universalTime)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Reporting.ReportPublisher.CreateReportEntity(String bodyText, String reportName, String fileName, String description, Int32 languageCode, Object parentId, Guid signatureId, Version version, DateTime fileDate, Guid organizationId)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Reporting.ReportPublisher.UploadReport(String reportFolder, String reportName, String fileName, String description, Int32 languageCode, Int32[] categoriesArray, Int32[] relatedEntitiesArray, Int32[] visibilitiesArray, Object parentId, Guid signatureId, Version version, Guid organizationId, Hashtable reportsPublished)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Reporting.ReportPublisher.UploadReports(Guid organizationId, String reportFolder, Int32 languageCode, Int32 matchCategoryNumber, Int32 addCategoryNumber, IProgressEventSource progress)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.Utility.ReportsUtility.UploadReports(String orgUniqueName, String reportFolder, Int32 languageCode, Int32 matchCategoryNumber, Int32 addCategoryNumber, IProgressEventSource progress)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.Utility.ReportsUtility.CreateReports(String organizationName, Boolean grantNetworkService, String reportingUrl, String reportFilesLocation, Int32 languageCode)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Admin.CreateOrganizationInstaller.Create(Guid organizationId, String organizationUniqueName, String organizationFriendlyName, String baseCurrencyCode, String baseCurrencyName, String baseCurrencySymbol, String initialUserDomainName, String initialUserFirstName, String initialUserLastName, String sqlServerName, Uri reportServerUrl, String privilegedUserGroupName, String sqlAccessGroupName, String userGroupName, String reportingGroupName, String privilegedReportingGroupName, String applicationPath, String languageId, Boolean sqmOption, String organizationCollation, MultipleTenancy multipleTenancy)
    15:26:29|Warning| Attempting to cancel a long

Code Snippet
    running process: ProgressWizard. This might leave the data in an invalid state and the application might not function correctly

.any idea?

Thursday, January 22, 2009 1:32 PM

Answers

All replies

•  

Is everything ok with your server date and time?   Are you installing CRM and SQL on the same box or different boxes?  What is the SQL version and OS on both CRM and SQL box?
    Thursday, January 22, 2009 4:25 PM
  • Server date and TIme are ok. i already have a tenant up and running. i am installing a new tenant. CRM and Sql are on the same server. i have windows 2003 server and sql server 2005 sp2

thanks

Thursday, January 22, 2009 4:42 PM
  • You do not want to install another instance of the CRM application if CRM is already installed on the server.  Check out this link for more information on multi-tenancy and how to install multiple organizations.

http://channel9.msdn.com/posts/jodonnell/Microsoft-Dynamics-CRM-40--Multi-Tenancy-with-John-ODonnell/

Thursday, January 22, 2009 5:37 PM
  • hi Donna, thanks for your reply

that is exactly what i am trying to do using the deployment manager. i am installing a new tenant on the same server. maybe i confused in the first place. i tried it another time following the steps of jodonnel the same error came

Thursday, January 22, 2009 10:21 PM
  • Ok, sorry, I misunderstood.  Is everything working as expected with your SQL server?  Does your login have domain and / or sufficient SQL rights.  Someone marked the following post as helpful.  Maybe there is something in the post that will help you. 

http://forums.microsoft.com/Dynamics/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2855085&SiteID=27

Also, check the url you are providing for the Report Server and ensure that you can access that URL.  The report server URL should be in the following format http://[ServerName]/ReportServer

Friday, January 23, 2009 12:29 AM