MCTS Certification.... RRS feed

• Question

• What is the Basic Exam For .Net Certification...

I cant understand the which one to start first....

The First Exam i have face for MCTS is ?
    • Moved by YiChun Chen Tuesday, September 22, 2009 6:26 AM Certification issue (From:.NET Framework Setup)
    Wednesday, September 16, 2009 1:51 PM

Answers

• If you want to take MCTS for .Net Framework 2.0, the basic exam is 70-536 (.NET Application Development Foundation).

After taking it, you can choose a Windows or Web MCTS, which has different exams, 70-526 (Windows-based Client Development) and 70-528 (Web-based Client Development) respectively.

If you're looking for .Net 3.5, you can try first the 70-536 and any of the new 3.5 certifications (70-
    502, 70-503, 70-504, etc.).

"Let me handle this!" - Albert Wesker
    • Proposed as answer by Thiago Valença Thursday, September 17, 2009 5:08 PM
    • Marked as answer by Rubel Khan Friday, January 8, 2010 6:29 AM
    Thursday, September 17, 2009 5:04 PM
  • all of .net certification for MCTS is below:
    and you can choose any certification you would like and Multiple required exams for a certification may be taken in any order.

Microsoft Visual Studio and Microsoft .NET Framework technologies

MCTS: .NET Framework 2.0 Web Applications

MCTS: .NET Framework 2.0 Windows Applications

MCTS: .NET Framework 2.0 Distributed Applications

MCTS: .NET Framework 3.5 ADO .NET Applications

MCTS: .NET Framework 3.5 ASP .NET Applications

MCTS: .NET Framework 3.5 Windows Communication Foundation Applications

MCTS: .NET Framework 3.5 Windows Forms Applications

MCTS: .NET Framework 3.5 Windows Presentation Foundation Applications

MCTS: .NET Framework 3.5, Windows Workflow Foundation Applications

From the above table ,you can get to know if you want to get any .net certification,you should pass 70-536,So, in my opinion,you first face 70-536,and then give your choice about what mcts .net certification you want to get.
    Wednesday, September 23, 2009 6:14 AM

All replies

• You will find all information about Microsoft certification on http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/default.aspx
    Thursday, September 17, 2009 4:07 PM
  • If you want to take MCTS for .Net Framework 2.0, the basic exam is 70-536 (.NET Application Development Foundation).

After taking it, you can choose a Windows or Web MCTS, which has different exams, 70-526 (Windows-based Client Development) and 70-528 (Web-based Client Development) respectively.

If you're looking for .Net 3.5, you can try first the 70-536 and any of the new 3.5 certifications (70-
    502, 70-503, 70-504, etc.).

"Let me handle this!" - Albert Wesker
    • Proposed as answer by Thiago Valença Thursday, September 17, 2009 5:08 PM
    Thursday, September 17, 2009 5:04 PM
  • Hi Surya21,

I am moving this thread from Base ".Net Framework Setup" forum to the "Training and Certification" forum, since the issue is related to Certification. There are more experts in the "Training and Certification" forum.

Thanks
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Tuesday, September 22, 2009 6:26 AM
  • all of .net certification for MCTS is below:
    and you can choose any certification you would like and Multiple required exams for a certification may be taken in any order.

Microsoft Visual Studio and Microsoft .NET Framework technologies

MCTS: .NET Framework 2.0 Web Applications

MCTS: .NET Framework 2.0 Windows Applications

MCTS: .NET Framework 2.0 Distributed Applications

MCTS: .NET Framework 3.5 ADO .NET Applications

MCTS: .NET Framework 3.5 ASP .NET Applications

MCTS: .NET Framework 3.5 Windows Communication Foundation Applications

MCTS: .NET Framework 3.5 Windows Forms Applications

MCTS: .NET Framework 3.5 Windows Presentation Foundation Applications

MCTS: .NET Framework 3.5, Windows Workflow Foundation Applications

From the above table ,you can get to know if you want to get any .net certification,you should pass 70-536,So, in my opinion,you first face 70-536,and then give your choice about what mcts .net certification you want to get.
    Wednesday, September 23, 2009 6:14 AM
  • Hi ,

I have a question here.

I have four years of experience and responsible for web development using .NET . I haven't given any certification till now.

I saw on http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/default.aspx  that All Visual Studio 2005 exams are scheduled to retire on June 30, 2011. Exam 70-536 will remain available to support requirements for Visual Studio 2008 certifications.

So should I plan to take 70-536 exam first then plan to clear VS 2008 Web application certificate.

Or Will u advise me to directly take MCTS: .NET Framework 4, Web Applications Certification ....

Any help in this regard is greatly appreciated.

Tuesday, June 28, 2011 1:21 PM