One care SUCKS!!!!!!! RRS feed

• General discussion

• We have several computers with one care on them. We are constantly having issues. The firewall stops for no reason. The virus and malway protection will stop for no reason. The defrag function is useless as well as redundant. Who were the mourons that care up with this stuff. They should be lined up against a wall a shot. This is just like microsoft, they put out products then fix them after they aree on the market. Maybe they should try to develope a good product then market it in stead of putting out junk on the market.
    Tuesday, November 18, 2008 10:58 PM

All replies

• Unfortunately I have to agree with Jeff483.  I tried OneCare with some ambivilence as I have already found MacAfee, AVG, and Norton 360 to be not only useless against viruses and trojans, but a huge boat-anchor on the computer as well.  The One care is so far similar to the others.  It demands a great deal of my time to run "scans" and "updates", but does not appear to fix any problems.  Instead since it slows down the computer it is creating problems.  In addition it is prompting me to "update Windows" and to do so I am supposed to "download new software".  I have been able to update the Windows XP many times before with no additional software.  Why do I need this software?  There appears to be no assurance that it is safe for my computer.  It is probably something that will further slow the computer at best or spyware or worse.  I also notice that Microsoft appears to want nothing to do with the customers of LiveOneCare.  Instead offering this lame "forum".

Wednesday, November 19, 2008 2:26 AM
  • The forum is optional.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

I would recommend that you investigate a simple security program that just offers real time protection and does not perform any scans or confirm that you have downloaded and installed the latest security updates for your OS.

-steve

Wednesday, November 19, 2008 7:39 PM
  •  Jeff483 wrote:
    We have several computers with one care on them. We are constantly having issues. The firewall stops for no reason. The virus and malway protection will stop for no reason. The defrag function is useless as well as redundant. Who were the mourons that care up with this stuff. They should be lined up against a wall a shot. This is just like microsoft, they put out products then fix them after they aree on the market. Maybe they should try to develope a good product then market it in stead of putting out junk on the market.

OneCare isn't perfect - I've got enough complaints of my own, but your random failures in OneCare are not normal and would seem to indicate that there is a problem with the way your computers are configured and used - not to remove any blame from OneCare, but the symptoms indicate a conflict of some sort with other software.

Wednesday, November 19, 2008 7:42 PM