none
Breakpoint will not currently be hit

Question

• I received this warning every time I change some of the codes for my user interface and I had to rebuild the solution every single time. 
    What is the possible solution to this so that the warning goes away.

Regards

Sunday, November 18, 2018 4:07 AM

All replies

• What is the possible solution to this so that the warning goes away.

Don't the messages you posted a pic of describe exactly what to do?

- Wayne

Sunday, November 18, 2018 4:16 AM
  • I don't want to do that because I can't debug the application if I'll do. 
    Sunday, November 18, 2018 4:47 AM
  • I received this warning every time I change some of the codes for my user interface and I had to rebuild the solution every single time. 
    What is the possible solution to this so that the warning goes away.

You change the code, and the code must be rebuilt, becuase it's not the current executable.  I don't see the problem here, because VS is not going to allow the code to be changed unless you stop debug mode and make the changes. If a code change is made, then VS automatically builds the project before the project is started in debug mode again, unless you are not using Visual Stuido.  

Sunday, November 18, 2018 10:52 AM
  • This is not the first time that I write code under visual studio. When I need to change something, I just need to press F5 to build and run the solution before. What you are saying is I need to do a full rebuild now whenever I changed something? This is a pain, seriously.

If I'm going to create a new project, adding codes to that project will be no problem at all, all breakpoints will be hit. 
    • Edited by Dikong42 Sunday, November 18, 2018 1:30 PM
    Sunday, November 18, 2018 1:20 PM
  • This is not the first time that I write code under visual studio. When I need to change something, I just need to press F5 to build and run the solution before. What you are saying is I need to do a full rebuild now whenever I changed something? This is a pain, seriously.

If I'm going to create a new project, adding codes to that project will be no problem at all, all breakpoints will be hit. 
    I don't understand your problem... That's not new, maybe it was the first time you were hanging in a breakpoint, changing the code. In this situation F5 means continue and not build and run. So VS tells you that, if you continue, the breakpoint can not be hit because the code where you set the breakpoint is not build yet.
    Sunday, November 18, 2018 1:44 PM
  • Do get the term rebuild confused with recompiling the code again, which is what I mean. Every now and then, one must to a Clean of the entire solution and a Rebuilt of the entire solution so that VS will straighten itself out.
    Sunday, November 18, 2018 2:17 PM