Data Encryption after Migration RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have recently upgraded a single server deployment of on-premise MSCRM 2011 to MSCRM 2013. Data Encryption NOT enabled yet. Then have migrated this upgraded MSCRM 2013 to another server. During migration, ignored the warning message for Data Encryption. Now, after the organization import, it does NOT allow me to activate data-encryption and gives the following error message:-

"Cannot perform 'activate' because the encryption key doesn’t match the original encryption key that was used to encrypt the data."

-This is quite surprising that data encryption was NOT previously activated, but still giving the above said error message.

Kindly advise.

Thanks in Advance,
    Ajay

\Ajay

Tuesday, October 7, 2014 2:00 PM

All replies

• hello,

did you by any chance use a XML configuration to do install? XML configuration got a provision to specify encryption keys. This may be the issue.

we have migrated CRM 2011 to 2013 few times, there was a key already there, but logging with a privileged user account, we were able to change the key.

regards

Jithesh

Tuesday, October 7, 2014 8:20 PM
  • Thanks for you reply Jithesh,

I did not use XML configuration to do the install.

In my case the data encryption key was NOT mentioned and data encryption was Never enabled on the source CRM server before data migration.
    Now after the organization import, I have configured HTTPS on the new server and am trying to put the encryption key, where it is giving me the error.

Any guess, why this error when encryption is NOT yet enabled?

Thanks,
    Ajay

\Ajay

Wednesday, October 8, 2014 7:59 AM
  • hello Ajay,

Never seen this issue. Your encryption key is not activated even. Could you enable tracing and see if you can get further information about the actual error?.

please raise a ticket with Microsoft support if this do not help.

what update rollup are you on.

regards

Jithesh

Wednesday, October 8, 2014 8:38 AM
  • Ajay, did you ever find a solution?
    Wednesday, January 28, 2015 2:19 PM