none
Is this legal? I'm pretty sure it isn't. RRS feed

• Question

• I have come across a Facebook page selling Microsoft software at heavily discounted prices, I have noticed that some of it is re-installation software but some is clearly intended for refurbished computers and not as stand alone software. Is this legal?

The link is https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=oa.719376021442548&type=1

• Edited by Shaz1984 Monday, June 16, 2014 12:29 PM
    Monday, June 16, 2014 11:48 AM

Answers

• OEM reinstallation software can only be legally sold if you included the original PC it came with.  Also, that software will only activate on the original PC it came with.  Unfortunately, that web site is appealing for naïve folks who don't believe in the adage "if the price is too good to be true..." Please review:  How To Tell

Carey Frisch

Monday, June 16, 2014 2:23 PM

All replies

• OEM reinstallation software can only be legally sold if you included the original PC it came with.  Also, that software will only activate on the original PC it came with.  Unfortunately, that web site is appealing for naïve folks who don't believe in the adage "if the price is too good to be true..." Please review:  How To Tell

Carey Frisch

Monday, June 16, 2014 2:23 PM
  • Should I report it or will something already be done about it?
    Monday, June 16, 2014 3:21 PM
  • Nothing you can do since there are thousands of these type of scam web sites for all kinds of products.

Carey Frisch

Monday, June 16, 2014 3:26 PM