none
Wiki Activities Missing in Profiles in the Last Day RRS feed

• General discussion

• I have not seen any TechNet Wiki activity showing up in anyone's Profile (on the Activity tab) in the last 24 hours. I have not checked Profile statistics. I am emailing fissues [at] microsoft [dot] to alert them to this issue.

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

Wednesday, October 18, 2017 5:46 PM

All replies

• And Profile statistics are not being updated for Wiki activities.

Wednesday, October 18, 2017 8:23 PM
  • And now on your profile I see an erroneous "Updated the article SPAM 20171017_1236 on the TechNet Wiki" multiple times over the last 2 days, completely filling your TechNet Wiki activity.

The actual article shows only the 1 revision however.

Karl

Thursday, October 19, 2017 4:52 PM
  • Those were spam articles in the TechNet Wiki that I dealt with just before this problem arose, now 2 days ago. If you look carefully, the titles of the articles are slightly different, in the form "SPAM YYYYMMDD_hhmm". The hours and minutes are all different. I deleted the spam article, changed the title, and added the tags "Candidate for deletion" and "spam", so an admin can later delete the articles. The spam user accounts were banned, but I recently have seen 30 or 40 spammers per day, and they publish 8 or so articles before my request that they be banned stops them. A few of us having been fighting this flood for at least a week.

Thursday, October 19, 2017 8:39 PM
  • Those were spam articles in the TechNet Wiki that I dealt with just before this problem arose, now 2 days ago. If you look carefully, the titles of the articles are slightly different, in the form "SPAM YYYYMMDD_hhmm".

Hi Richard,

Now that you point that out, I can see it :)

I'd say I need my eyes examined, but I just had that done on Monday ;)

Karl

Friday, October 20, 2017 6:34 PM
  • Hey Richard,

Any update on this issue?

Ken

Monday, October 23, 2017 12:56 AM
  • I have heard nothing. I saw where a contractor published a test Wiki to see if the activity showed in their profile. That was shortly after I emailed fissues. So I assume they are investigating. I will recheck my email to see if there was any response.

Monday, October 23, 2017 1:28 AM
  • BTW, I noticed the same problem and notified fissues as well on Tuesday. Didn't hear anything since.

I created a new article and modified it many times while working on it - no info in my profile:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/42394.implementing-server-side-validations-in-angularjs.aspx

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

My TechNet articles

Monday, October 23, 2017 1:58 AM
  • I had email exchange with fissues and Wiki contractor admins about how I identify spam in the Wiki. I mentioned that the url's I send them in my requests to ban the users now showed no activity because of this problem. Now a few hours later Wiki activity is starting to appear in profiles, including past activities.

Tuesday, October 24, 2017 6:37 AM
  • You're right, I just filtered my TechNet Wiki activity and I see my activity.

In regards to that tremendous amount of SPAM I see in TechNet Wiki, I suggest the following:

1. Only verified users should be able to add new articles

2. Only 7+ days accounts should be able to add new articles

3. We may also require a minimum of points for users to post new articles

-----------------

I sent these suggestions to fissues but didn't get any response. I don't know who is clearing all these candidates for deletion articles, but that process is quite slow and should be much faster.

May be you can back me up too? If you make similar suggestions, would you also include me in the email conversation?

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

My TechNet articles

Tuesday, October 24, 2017 4:18 PM
  • I just got this email message from EPX Help and fissues:

Appreciate your work in clearing spam users in TechNet wiki.
    We will check with our engineering team, on preventing these spam users in wiki

Regarding wiki activities not getting updated in user profile issue is fixed now. Please have a check. Thanks!

Naomi, your suggestions make a lot of sense.

Tuesday, October 24, 2017 7:21 PM
  • Thanks Richard for getting this resolved. And great suggestions Naomi.
    Wednesday, October 25, 2017 11:57 AM