Correspondence value in picklist RRS feed

• Question

• Dear members,

Thanks for the previous support. Its really helping me in building myself in MS CRM.

I have another very simple question. I customize my Account with 2 picklists. first one is country and second one is cities. What i would like to do is. whenever a user select any country the correspondence city should only appear in the city picklist. how can i relate them.

2 question is. is it possible i can use the same cities and countries table or picklist in my contact interface while the customization i did is in accounts.

Thanks and hope to get a positive reply if possible with sample code.

Regards,

Naaz

Saturday, October 27, 2007 6:03 AM

Answers

• To relate the picklists, you need some client script in the onchange event of the country picklist to modify the options that are displayed in the city picklist. The code would need to use methods of the picklist control, which are described here (http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa681854.aspx). The Extending CRM 3.0 course has an example of code to do this, though I don't know of any public postings of such code.

You cannot use the same picklist values directly, as picklist values are stored for each entity. The way I do this is export the customisations for each entity, and copy the picklist values from the exported xml of one entity into the xml of the other entity, then reimport 

Saturday, October 27, 2007 12:28 PM