MS Setup installations failed in some machines RRS feed

• Question

• When I try to install custom installation packages which has built using MS Setup project, I am getting below error and then, the installer rolls back.

However these packages worked fine earlier. Package did not change. I am wondering any MS hot fix cause this error.

Error 1001. The system cannot find the file specified

The event viewer has this error logged:

Source: MsiInstaller

Event ID: 11001

The description for Event ID ( 11001 ) in Source ( MsiInstaller ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Product: WSPBuilder Extensions 1.06 -- Error 1001. Error 1001. An exception occurred during the Rollback phase of the installation. This exception will be ignored and the rollback will continue. However, the machine might not fully revert to its initial state after the rollback is complete. --> The system cannot find the file specified, (NULL), (NULL), (NULL).

Can someone help me in resolving this problem?

Thanks..

• Moved by Larcolais Gong Monday, September 27, 2010 5:34 AM (From:Visual Studio Setup and Installation)
    Friday, September 24, 2010 8:30 PM

All replies