none
For Moderators - poster needs assistance

Answers

All replies

• This is the same person that made a similar request here:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/reportabug/thread/a9b735fa-ec24-4ccf-8dc9-6cd8b501aeab

A few points, which may or may not be fair:

• The OP should be able to delete posts made with his account. Granted, the OP cannot delete replies.
    • I'm beginning to question the claim that the account was hacked.
    • The owner of the account should be responsible for all activity generated by the account. If the account was mis-used, that is the OP's problem.
    • Of the posts I've checked, careful replies were submitted, many of which were marked answers. I dislike deleting answsers.
    • Perhaps the best solution is to ban the account, which I believe will remove the posts (although I don't know about the replies).

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Monday, June 10, 2013 1:41 PM
  • Agreed, he should be able to delete his postings though. It sounds like he wants the entire thread blown away though. I sent him a PM to explain what you told me.

Microsoft Certified Professional

Monday, June 10, 2013 2:44 PM
  • He previously complained that the people that replied to the questions incorporated the sensitive information in their replies. So he wants the replies removed as well, which he cannot do. I'm in no position to judge. But as the list of threads to be deleted grows (and there have already been complaints that answers should not be removed), and I see no other activity in the profile, I think the account should be removed. I admit I don't know if this affects the replies that the OP wants removed. But I don't see where moderators should spend so much time fixing an issue that is the responsibility of the OP.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Monday, June 10, 2013 3:18 PM
  • Our policy is to not remove threads. But I'll take a look at scrubbing some.

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Customer Program Manager (Blog, Small Basic, Wiki Ninjas, Wiki)

Answer an interesting question? Create a wiki article about it!

Monday, June 10, 2013 6:57 PM
    Owner
  • Okay. Another Admin and I (mostly the other admin) cleaned all these up, per our guidelines.

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Customer Program Manager (Blog, Small Basic, Wiki Ninjas, Wiki)

Answer an interesting question? Create a wiki article about it!

Monday, June 10, 2013 7:03 PM
    Owner