none
Linux running on multiple hosts RRS feed

• Question

• I have been looking at this site to setup of trust for the Linux servers

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/azure/virtual-machines/linux/classic/hpcpack-cluster-namd?toc=%2Fazure%2Fvirtual-machines%2Flinux%2Fclassic%2Ftoc.json

have a few questions.

1. for the cred.xml file do i repeat the <PrivateKey> and <PublicKey> fields for each server? so it looks like:
      <ExtendedData>
        <PrivateKey>Copy the contents of private key here</PrivateKey>
        <PublicKey>Copy the contents of public key here</PublicKey>  
        <PrivateKey>Copy the contents of private key here</PrivateKey>
        <PublicKey>Copy the contents of public key here</PublicKey>
      </ExtendedData>

2. for when i add the file to the cluster using i want to add it for a group of users "AD\HPCUsers" do i just leave off the last two items /users & /password?
      hpccred setcreds /extendeddata:c:\cred.xml /user:hpclab\hpcuser /password:<UserPassword>
    Tuesday, May 21, 2019 6:26 PM

All replies

• Hi DCSpooner,

The extended data is set individually for each credential (credential owner + user). There should be only one pair of private/public key in the extended data file. You need to set it for every credential.

If you are using HPC Pack 2016 (and later versions), the extended data containing the key will be set automatically for each credential if it is empty. That means you don't need to setup the mutual trust manually for multi-node task running on Linux nodes. A doc for reference Create HPC Pack Linux RDMA Cluster in Azure.

Chenling

Monday, May 27, 2019 4:16 AM