none
This email is part of a reserved domain. please enter a different email address. RRS feed

• Question

• My live.com mail account no longer will let me sign in, I cannot reset the password because it indicates that; Try entering your Microsoft account again. We don't recognize this one. However this email is valid.. This is what I use for my Facebook account and I can no longer sign in there. I cannot resolve that until I resolve this email account issue. I understand that the account may have become inactive, so i tried re-creating the account.. however I received this message; this email is part of a reserved domain. please enter a different email address.

Can somebody please help me? I cannot login to lezlieellen_63@live.com any longer, I cannot recreate it. Because of this I cannot use Facebook. I am using a temp address of lezlieellen_63@hotmail.com now just to get in touch with you guys for assistance. Please Respond.

Thanks

Saturday, May 2, 2015 9:44 PM

All replies

• did u figure out how to fix this, I ran into the same problem.
    Saturday, June 6, 2020 11:16 PM
  • Microsoft terminated their live.com domain and changed email addresses to their hotmail.com or outlook.com domains. If you newly created your current "temp address" lezlieellen_63@hotmail.com without getting "that name is already used" then theoretically, it's possible Microsoft converted your former live.com address to outlook.com. You could test it by logging into lezlieellen_63@outlook.com using your old password. On the other hand, I discovered my former live.com address already existing under both hotmail.com and outlook.com domains.

I, too, am unable to recover my Facebook password after a hack attempt forced a password change [with a typo, apparently...], because of this domain change to a live.com email address used to create my Facebook account over 10 years ago. Even if Facebook made it possible to update this surprise change to my email address, I no longer remember its password, either. Microsoft's password recovery process isn't any more "think outside the box" productive than Facebook's is, and here's why. The two of them both use online "Artificial Intelligence" customer support that is sooooo not. As a result, aside from being industrially blind to one another, their lack of human exchange with their customers prevents them from knowing what the other is doing, to create this problem in the first place, enabling them to (gasp!) correct it.

My attempt to post a list of Facebook email addresses you could try for resolution was blocked until Microsoft "verifies" my Microsoft email account lol!

Speaking of Microsoft, you'll notice their community support and forum pages are filled with never answered questions exactly like yours. It seems odd they're all up in our computers making sure we're not running cracked versions of their software, but can't give any of us two minutes of their time to solve problems we have with it. They don't have money for live support and we already know the effectiveness of their tightly limited substituting "AI". The only answers to customer questions here are by other customers lucky enough to stumble across them elsewhere. It appears human customer service has lost all corporate purpose and meaning, hopefully soon renewed as a "new" competitive niche.

Thursday, October 22, 2020 8:16 AM
  • Please see response to Lezlie63 above.
    Thursday, October 22, 2020 8:20 AM