none
Unable to show report designed in Crystal Report 8.0 using VB6 code on Windows Server 2003 x64 Enterprise RRS feed

• Question

•  

I used the following code to set the database connection for CR report during runtime in Vb6. before that i followed the following steps:

1) Created an ODBC System DSN named "mydbserver" to connect with SQL Server 2008     
        database on another server in the network. Tested the connectivity and found OK.

2) Added Reference in the VB project for "Crystal Report 8 ActiveX Designer Run Time
        Library"

Private Sub Command1_Click()

Dim o1 As New CRAXDRT.Application

Dim o2 As CRAXDRT.Report

Set o2 = o1.OpenReport("c:\test.rpt")

o2.Database.Tables(1).SetLogOnInfo "mydbserver", "mydata", "sa", "pass1234"

Debug.Print o2.Database.Tables(1).TestConnectivity

End Sub

The code works fine till "Debug.Print o2.Database.Tables(1).TestConnectivity", when this statement is executed the application gets hanged, it keeps on waiting for some component.

Can anybody please suggest what may be the reason?

I am using Windows Server 2003 x64 Enterprise running on 64Bit processor. Can we use CR8.0 on that server? Do we need to do some setup for running CR8.0 on 64 bit environment?

Regards,
    FS

• Moved by Calvin_Gao Monday, February 21, 2011 3:29 AM VB6 (From:Visual Basic General)
    Tuesday, February 15, 2011 7:03 AM

All replies