mcp RRS feed

• Question

• I am preparing to take the exam support and troubleshooting windows xp, is it a good step for my carrier.

Thursday, October 16, 2008 9:58 PM

Answers

• Any time you can have "one up" on the compitition, it is a good career move. If you are starting off you career and you want to START with the XP exam, then that is fine.

I think we need to know a little more about you before we answer your question.

What field are you working in?
    What are you currently doing in your field?
    What do you want to be doing in 5 years from now?
    Is this just a step toward my goal, or is this the final destination?

If you career is going to be a bus driver, then I think you could do with out the XP exam. If you looking to be help desk. Yes this is a good start. If your looking to be Network Admin then this is just the first of many steps.

Look in yourself and ask, what am in doing? Where do I wan to be in 5 years?

Then you decide.

Tim
    MCSA, MCTS, MCITP, MCDST, MCP, A+, Network
    • Edited by flcpl Monday, October 20, 2008 7:23 PM
    • Proposed as answer by flcpl Monday, October 20, 2008 7:23 PM
    • Marked as answer by Ken Rosen_MS Monday, November 10, 2008 3:16 PM
    Monday, October 20, 2008 7:23 PM

All replies

• I assume you mean career, not carrier. Regardless, I.T. certifications do not guarantee employment or promotions. They have been known to separate the heard - so to speak. Let me ask you this; what experience and knowledge do you posses in support and troubleshooting Windows XP in a domain environment?
    Michael D. Alligood,
    MCITP: Enterprise Support, MCTS: Vista Configuration,
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+, Network+
    The I.T. Classroom Blog
    Start. Research. Plan. Perform. End. Test. Evaluate.
    Thursday, October 16, 2008 10:17 PM
  • Any time you can have "one up" on the compitition, it is a good career move. If you are starting off you career and you want to START with the XP exam, then that is fine.

I think we need to know a little more about you before we answer your question.

What field are you working in?
    What are you currently doing in your field?
    What do you want to be doing in 5 years from now?
    Is this just a step toward my goal, or is this the final destination?

If you career is going to be a bus driver, then I think you could do with out the XP exam. If you looking to be help desk. Yes this is a good start. If your looking to be Network Admin then this is just the first of many steps.

Look in yourself and ask, what am in doing? Where do I wan to be in 5 years?

Then you decide.

Tim
    MCSA, MCTS, MCITP, MCDST, MCP, A+, Network
    • Edited by flcpl Monday, October 20, 2008 7:23 PM
    • Proposed as answer by flcpl Monday, October 20, 2008 7:23 PM
    • Marked as answer by Ken Rosen_MS Monday, November 10, 2008 3:16 PM
    Monday, October 20, 2008 7:23 PM