CRM workflow RRS feed

• Question

• Hi 

I am using CRM on-line and I would like to create this process

in the library the customer come to the librarian and ask for a book. on each book there are 4 copies. if the book exist on the shelf the librarian will give it to the reader (i think we should decrease the counter at this point). if the book is out of stock the reader will wait in queue. the reader allow to take 3 different books

can someone have an idea hot to do it in microsoft CRM? 

i thought if creating new entity "book" with the book details (name, author, shelf, quantity). and insert new 3 lookup of book field.

then create a workflow.....how do i create the workflow? on whch entity and how exactly am i supposed to do it?

thanks Ilan

Sunday, October 1, 2017 8:07 AM

All replies

• You certainly need a book entity to record the details of the book.  If you want to track each copy of a book separately you might also need another entity "Book Copy" or "Book Instance" that is parented by Book.

Then when a copy is given to the reader you can record on the book copy who (perhaps a contact) has borrowed the book. "Book Copies" with no contact would then be available to borrow.

I would add a sub-grid of Book Copies to the Book Form.  Then when someone asks to borrow a book,you open the book form and you can see who has borrowed the book and whether there are any available to lend.

Although this needs a bit more to set it up I think it might work better than trying to adjust quantities with workflows or manually

What do you think?

Friday, October 6, 2017 12:44 PM