Mail Merge Template Question RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have a question regarding how to migrate mail merge templates. I have almost no experience on this functionality so your help would be grateful.

Recently, we have shut down our old CRM 2011 system and build the new 2013(will upgrade to 2015 soon) from the scratch as plenty of business process were changed over the period of the time and too many bugs and corrupt data in old system.

Before we did this I have taken up some solution back up and Mail merge templates were one of them. After building the new system I have imported back solution for mail merge successfully.

Trouble started when I actually try to run the mail merge process for contact entity. I clicked on "Merge" on few selected contact

and standard Merge page came up then I choose merge type as Letter and for the "Start with a:" section, I choose 2nd option which is "Organization mail merge template" and select the template which I have imported through solution. Then I clicked on Download button at the end of the page but it threw me an error page which says

"Query Builder Error - Specified Field does not exist in the CRM"  (Please see attach image).

My understanding from this error is, because fields names are changed (or removed) in the new system CRM can not find the fields in the document to fill the details. My question is how to update the original document so that new system can pick it up. I have gone through below link for some basic understanding of this functionality :

http://www.powerobjects.com/2012/11/14/mail-merge-crm-2011/

In this link, I want to implement step 6 but against already created document rather then blank one as showed in step 3.

To cut the long story short, I want to update the template document with the new CRM fields instead of old CRM fields without creating the word document again. I am sure there are some simple steps to get around this but not able to crack it.

Thanks in advance

JB

• Edited by CRM Thirsty Tuesday, December 22, 2015 10:29 PM
    Tuesday, December 22, 2015 10:28 PM

All replies

• Open the existing mail merge document and for fields replacemet use the below syntax and update the document 

{!entityschemaname:fieldschemaname;}

Monday, December 28, 2015 11:19 AM