ms crm 2013 social pane phone call issue. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

One of my client is having issue on add of Phone call activity from social pane.

During addition of phone call activity he said the owner of the previous phone call activities also changed with his name.

Below is dummy image that show the owner name is update for old phone call activity on add of latest phone call activity.

Please help me to resolve this.

Monday, February 16, 2015 1:55 PM

Answers

• Hi Suresh,

completed by on posts uses modified by field. Since account to activities relationship is parental, when account owner changes, the ownership of child records are modified. Please check with user if the owner of the account changed.

to fix this, you can change the relationship behavior. We have same issue. Please let me know if you find another solution.

regards

Jithesh

• Marked as answer by Suresh Sorde Friday, February 20, 2015 5:25 AM
    Tuesday, February 17, 2015 10:14 PM

All replies

• Hi Suresh,

completed by on posts uses modified by field. Since account to activities relationship is parental, when account owner changes, the ownership of child records are modified. Please check with user if the owner of the account changed.

to fix this, you can change the relationship behavior. We have same issue. Please let me know if you find another solution.

regards

Jithesh

• Marked as answer by Suresh Sorde Friday, February 20, 2015 5:25 AM
    Tuesday, February 17, 2015 10:14 PM
  • Hi Jithesh,

Thanks for response.

I am not confirm about owner changes. I will make it confirm.

Relationship behavior, you mean in account 1-n relationship -> account_phonecalls -> Under Relationship behavior ->Type of behavior=Parental(By Default). So I need to change it to Configurable Cascading. And what about other picklists like assign, reparent...

Thanks

• Edited by Suresh Sorde Wednesday, February 18, 2015 5:29 AM
    Wednesday, February 18, 2015 5:28 AM
  • Hi Suresh,

You are correct, but changing the relationship behavior will affect the functionality. This can be done only after consultation with the business. Basically changing assign to cascade active would show the status properly on posts.

But a better option would be to train the users about this "Feature".

Regards,

Jithesh

Thursday, February 19, 2015 9:33 AM
  • Hi Jithesh,

Thanks again.

Please let me know how it will affect the functionality. What are the demerits of relationship change.

Since i have done changes on relationship.

Thanks

Thursday, February 19, 2015 9:53 AM
  • hi Suresh,

when you set assign to cascade active, the made phone calls/old email etc. Stays with the old owner. Based on the security setting in your organization, your users may not see such activities. Please see this article from MSDN.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg309412.aspx

the real impact can be seen only by proper testing.

if the old owner and new owner are in same business units and if they have business unit level permission on activities, you are safe.

let me know if you have any questions.

Jithesh

Thursday, February 19, 2015 9:27 PM
  • Hi Jithesh,

Appreciate your help.

Thanks.

Friday, February 20, 2015 5:25 AM
  • Hi all.

My customer does not want to reconfigure security and functionality.

This seems to be a bug that needs to be (textually) changed, because the social activity pane actually has to show:

- Status

- Modified by

- Modified on

but it shows:

- Status (modified by, modified on)

When I look at Crm2015 online now it is solved because this information of activities is not shown, but in Crm 2013 Sp1 UR 1 it is still showing and i can not find anything about this issue is being resolved in UR 2 or UR 3,

does anyone have more information when this is resolved in CRM 2013 Sp1?

Regards,

Boudewijn

Tuesday, June 30, 2015 8:22 AM