Change Telephony from RCC to Enterprise Voice mode using Scripts or PowerShell RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I've a OCS R2 integrated with CUPS. Everything is working fine with users who uses RCC, but a "little" problem occurs when the user is out of office. Using RCC, the user is no able to make or receive calls on Internet. He need to connect a VPN and start Cisco Softphone. This is not usefull when you want to use just one "softphone" (in this case, MOC).

Is there any way to change the user telephony mode using any resource kit script ou powershell? Cause i'm thinking about something on Intranet, and use the appropriate credentials, change the user telephony mode...

Regards,

Emerson Moraes
    Tuesday, June 16, 2009 12:51 PM

All replies

• Are you looking to change the user account setting or the OC application setting?  Or both?

Take a look at theses blogs regarding changes to the user account settings:
    http://blogs.pointbridge.com/Blogs/schertz_jeff/Pages/Post.aspx?_ID=29
    http://blogs.pointbridge.com/Blogs/schertz_jeff/Pages/Post.aspx?_ID=20

If you mean the application settings, search the forum for TelephonyMode as there are a number of previous discussions on that Group Policy setting.

Jeff Schertz, PointBridge | MVP | MCITP: Enterprise Messaging | MCTS: OCS
    Tuesday, June 16, 2009 1:01 PM
  • Hi Jeff,

I'm thinking to change the account setting from RCC to Enterprise Voice cause change MOC option (Phone Integration), the user still having problems to make calls using MOC.

Do you have any advice to do this using the "best practices"?

Regards,
    Emerson Moraes
    Tuesday, June 16, 2009 1:47 PM
  • Emerson,

You should be aware that when you have PBX Integration enabled, your users will have to choose which device the call will be made on via a drop-down menu on each contact. I would suggest that you educate your users about how to choose which device to use before enabling PBX integration.

Best Regards,

Jamie Schwinn
    Tuesday, June 16, 2009 2:55 PM
  • Hi Jamie,

About that, using CCM with CUPS and OCS with preffered device, i can't make or receive calls :-(

So, the device is aways the IP Cisco Phone on RCC. Using Enterprise voice, no problem... even with Exchange UM.

My idea is when user is going to another place who don't have a IP Phone, he can change the user account settings to Enterprise Voice.

Regards,

Emerson Moraes
    Tuesday, June 16, 2009 3:21 PM