Communicator 2007 R2 Desktop sharing button not there... Server or client problem? RRS feed

• Question

• * I posted this in both this forum and the Communicator forum since I didn't know which one it might belong in *

When I tested the UCtrial I was able to do desktop sharing between myself and my partner. I have setup the 2007 R2 Standard server and connected with a Communicator client and when I am in a video chat, or any chat with my partner the desktop sharing button isn't even there!

How do I fix this?
    Thursday, June 25, 2009 12:26 AM

All replies

• See reply in other thread:
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/commmunicatorsetup/thread/9a97ead6-0623-47e4-a3e9-dc56572ba4a9
    Jeff Schertz, PointBridge | MVP | MCITP: Enterprise Messaging | MCTS: OCS
    Thursday, June 25, 2009 2:06 AM
  • Still no answer to the missing Desktop sharing buttons on the forum.. still open
    Friday, June 26, 2009 12:03 AM
  • Hi

You need Right click on the forest of your OCS server and select properties-- Gobal properties
    Click on meetings
    Edit the default policy
    Ensure" Allow control of shared desktop or programs " is selected

Thanks
    Tuesday, October 13, 2009 5:42 PM
  • Jacob,

Sorry that the link I supplied is no longer working.  Take a look at the bottom section of this blog article (under Internal Configuration) to see where to setup the Meeting Policies to allow Desktop Sharing to your users.  You'll need to decide if you edit an existing policy or select 'user-based' policies and assign (and customize if desired) a less restrictive policy.
    Jeff Schertz, PointBridge | MVP | MCITP: Enterprise Messaging | MCTS: OCS
    Wednesday, October 14, 2009 1:31 PM
  • Hi,

can you check this:

also check the meeting policy on the server side; and make sure that it allows sharing desktop during a meeting

Regards,
    Mohammad Saeed
    Friday, December 18, 2009 12:34 PM