Emails sending slowly for Outlook plug in user RRS feed

• Question

• A marketing user sent emails on behalf of two others. This is not the first time but it is a huge amount of emails. One user's were sent very quickly. The other user uses the Outlook plug in and her mailbox options are set to Outgoing email=Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook. After 24 hours only a fraction have been sent and the rest are pending and sending at a snail's pace. We have Dynamics 2013 on premise and Outlook 2016.

• Can I change her Outgoing to Server-side sync to speed up those in the queue? Or should I just let them go before I change her setting?
    • If I should wait until those are sent, does she need Outlook open for them to send even if she is not the one who created them?

Thanks.

Friday, November 17, 2017 6:20 PM

Answers

• I did change her settings to server but that didn't help what was in the queue. I found a setting that processed Outlook emails every 10 minutes and changed it to one minute. The emails flew out then. Thanks.
    • Marked as answer by kbearhome Monday, November 20, 2017 3:39 PM
    Monday, November 20, 2017 3:38 PM

All replies

• For bulk email, I would recommend to use a 3rd party marketing tool, such as ClickDimensions. This tool has a better reliability to send the bulk email.
    Sunday, November 19, 2017 11:17 PM
  • I did change her settings to server but that didn't help what was in the queue. I found a setting that processed Outlook emails every 10 minutes and changed it to one minute. The emails flew out then. Thanks.
    • Marked as answer by kbearhome Monday, November 20, 2017 3:39 PM
    Monday, November 20, 2017 3:38 PM