none
Remote Validation Check

Question

• Greetings,

Recently I ran into an issue where several machines on my network were suddenly not updating.  I did some research and found that when I logged into them they were asking me to validate windows. After I did the updates began working and reporting again. My question is, is there a way for me to run a script, or an SCCM query, or something to check to see if the machine in question thinks it is valid or needs to be validated?

Tuesday, July 19, 2011 2:42 PM

Answers

• "wikedbytes" wrote in message news:a5dec87f-4bf4-47f5-8360-bd535d71b8f3...

Greetings,

Recently I ran into an issue where several machines on my network were suddenly not updating.  I did some research and found that when I logged into them they were asking me to validate windows. After I did the updates began working and reporting again. My question is, is there a way for me to run a script, or an SCCM query, or something to check to see if the machine in question thinks it is valid or needs to be validated?

This all depends on what type of network you are on - and how you control access to it.
    I suggest that you ask again, in what may be a more appropriate forum, supplying the details of your network....

- and provide an MGADiag report for one of the 'problem' machines......
    To properly analyse and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the report produced by the MGADiag tool (download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )
    Once saved, run the tool.
    Click on the Continue button, which will produce the report.
    To copy the report to your response, click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your response.
     - IN YOUR OWN THREAD, please

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Tuesday, July 19, 2011 7:01 PM

All replies

• "wikedbytes" wrote in message news:a5dec87f-4bf4-47f5-8360-bd535d71b8f3...

Greetings,

This all depends on what type of network you are on - and how you control access to it.
    I suggest that you ask again, in what may be a more appropriate forum, supplying the details of your network....

- and provide an MGADiag report for one of the 'problem' machines......
    To properly analyse and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the report produced by the MGADiag tool (download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )
    Once saved, run the tool.
    Click on the Continue button, which will produce the report.
    To copy the report to your response, click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your response.
     - IN YOUR OWN THREAD, please

--

Tuesday, July 19, 2011 7:01 PM
  • Wasn't aware the forum exhisted, however this is dealing with validating my copy of windows, not activating.  Thanks. There is no "problem" though so a diagnostic shouldnt be necessary. I am simply looking for a registry key, presence of a file, or something to tell me that windows needs validated or what.
    Tuesday, July 19, 2011 7:25 PM
  • "wikedbytes" wrote in message news:c029f35b-1ed1-48d0-b450-1a54abaef2ce...
    Wasn't aware the forum exhisted, however this is dealing with validating my copy of windows, not activating.  Thanks. There is no "problem" though so a diagnostic shouldnt be necessary. I am simply looking for a registry key, presence of a file, or something to tell me that windows needs validated or what.

Activation and validation are related, though very different!
    Running an MGADiag report will tell you the status of the system  in great detail - but most of the time you only need to look at the first few lines of the report to get what you seem to need.

Other than that, possibly MBSA may fit your needs (Google for it)

--

Tuesday, July 19, 2011 7:56 PM
  • No reply from the Original Poster.

Issue is assumed to be resolved.

Darin MS
    Thursday, July 21, 2011 9:40 PM