Filtering One option set based on the selection of another Option set in Dialog boxes RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Dialog  box were the user can go and select a service  and a sub service from two option sets .  I want to filter the sub service based on the uses choice of the the service -  then I want to update  an  entity with the users  choice of service and sub service  -  any idea on what is the  best way of doing this 
    Friday, January 17, 2014 5:28 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

AFAIK there is no way to put scripts on the dialog for dependent optionsets.

• Proposed as answer by HIMBAPModerator Sunday, January 19, 2014 12:09 PM
    • Marked as answer by OFAS Monday, January 20, 2014 5:10 PM
    Saturday, January 18, 2014 6:40 AM
  • As present you can't use script in dialogs.

Our Website | Our Blog | Follow US | My Facebook Page | Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Application Design
    Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

• Proposed as answer by HIMBAPModerator Sunday, January 19, 2014 12:09 PM
    • Marked as answer by OFAS Monday, January 20, 2014 5:10 PM
    Sunday, January 19, 2014 12:09 PM
  • OK -  I found a way around  that issue were  depending on which service the user selects  they would go to a different page  and each  page will have different sub services  - the  problem  now is I need to be able to assign the  sub service option set selection to a variable and use the  variable to update the sub service  Option set  on the form  - any ideas  ?      
    Monday, January 20, 2014 8:30 PM