Exception on syncAgent.Synchronize() RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am using N tier architecture to sync data between sql compact 3.5 SP1 and windows ce 5 pocket pc.

I am getting following error on syncAgent.Synchronize():

Code Snippet

"The SqlCeParameter with this name is already contained by this SqlCeParameterCollection."

"at System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeParameterCollection.ThrowParamterExistsException()\r\nat System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeParameterCollection.AddWithoutEvents()\r\nat System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeParameterCollection.Add()\r\nat System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeParameterCollection.Add()\r\nat Microsoft.Synchronization.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeClientSyncProvider.PrepareInsertCommand()\r\nat Microsoft.Synchronization.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeClientSyncProvider.ApplyUpsertsTableInit()\r\nat Microsoft.Synchronization.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeClientSyncProvider.ApplyChanges()\r\nat Microsoft.Synchronization.SyncAgent.DownloadChanges()\r\nat Microsoft.Synchronization.SyncAgent.Synchronize()\r\nat SyncServiceMobile.Form1.SynchronizeTables()\r\nat SyncServiceMobile.Form1.mnuSync_Click()\r\nat System.Windows.Forms.MenuItem.OnClick()\r\nat System.Windows.Forms.Menu.ProcessMnuProc()\r\nat System.Windows.Forms.Form.WnProc()\r\nat System.Windows.Forms.Control._InternalWnProc()\r\nat Microsoft.AGL.Forms.EVL.EnterMainLoop()\r\nat System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run()\r\nat SyncServiceMobile.Program.Main()\r\n"

Any ideas on this will be very helpful.

Thanks

Apurv
    • Moved by Max Wang_1983 Friday, April 22, 2011 6:00 PM forum consolidation (From:SyncFx - Microsoft Sync Framework Database Providers [ReadOnly])
    Tuesday, August 26, 2008 5:20 PM

All replies

• Any ideas? I have been getting this error very regularly. I am using SQL Compact 3.5 SP1 on client side. I never had this issue prior to SP1.

Thanks

Apurva
    Wednesday, August 27, 2008 3:59 PM
  • I think I figured this one out-there seems to be an issue with the length of the column names in synchronization services. I had long column names and synchronization services/SQL compact seem to truncate them and since the column names had same prefix, the application would take those as duplicate entries and so I got that error.
    Thursday, August 28, 2008 1:21 PM