How do I clear a persistent alert in WHS 2011? RRS feed

• Question

• I have a persistent alert that will not clear from my windows home server 2011:

A chkdsk task has been scheduled for one or more server hard drives.

I finally disabled this alert. Thru the Alert Viewer. However, it hangs around as a disabled alert.

I ran a chkdsk on one of my drives. And had to reboot to have it run. After the reboot, and after the chkdsk had finished. The alert message still showed. I cannot seem to remove this alert.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to remove this alert from whs 2011?

Thanks ahead of time,

Bruce

Bruce Hobson IMPORTANT NOTICE: This communication, including any attachment, contains information that may be confidential or privileged, and is intended solely for the entity or individual to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you should contact the sender and delete the message. Any unauthorized disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message is strictly prohibited. Nothing in this email, including any attachment, is intended to be a legally binding signature.
    Thursday, July 21, 2011 4:19 AM

All replies

• Please bug this. In theory, an alert should be removed when it's no longer valid, so this seems like a bug. Don't forget server logs.

Also, have you tried deleting the alert, rather than disabling it? It will come back if Windows Home Server detects the issue again, however...

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Thursday, July 21, 2011 10:22 AM
  • Ken,

Maybe later, as I do not have the time to go thru the process at this time.

I also belive it's a bug.

You talked about deleting this message/alert... I'm getting old and have sometimers. How would I delete this message?

Bruce

Bruce Hobson IMPORTANT NOTICE: This communication, including any attachment, contains information that may be confidential or privileged, and is intended solely for the entity or individual to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you should contact the sender and delete the message. Any unauthorized disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message is strictly prohibited. Nothing in this email, including any attachment, is intended to be a legally binding signature.
    Thursday, July 21, 2011 10:45 AM
  • When you select an alert in the viewer, you should have the option to ignore it or to delete it. If you choose to delete it, you will be warned that if the underlying problem still exists, the alert will come back.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Thursday, July 21, 2011 8:14 PM
  • Hi Ken, I was reading this blog and wondered if you could tell me how to stop a specific repeating alert in WHS 2011?

I am using a 3rd party back up agent to back up the server to a self encrypting external drive because it can do it mirrored without compression, as an exact duplicate of the folders. Hence, I don't need (or want) to use the built in WHS backup function that cannot back up without compression and wishes to format the external drive I am using (and I assume destroy the self encrypting function).

WHS keeps alerting me in ALERT VIEWER that I have not set up WHS backup yet. In windows 7 there is an option that appears in Action Center after an alert that says something to the effect of "do not warn me about " this subject again. Is there any way to stop the specific alert about WHS backup like in Windows 7?

Thanks.

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 5:47 PM