none
MS SQL 2012 (BI Developer) RRS feed

• Question

• Good day,

I am MCITP BI SQL 2005 & 2008, What exam would i need take to become a Certified SQL 2012 Developer (SSIS, SSAS, SSRS)

no need for professional but certification that covers the toolset.

I dont know if one of the two is correct 70-466 or 70-467 (BI 2012) to get certification.

I would like to start studying and take the exam next month.

Please Assist, Thank You

Tuesday, November 5, 2013 11:23 AM

Answers

• Microsoft is changing the certification program so that the titles no longer specify a version number for SQL Server. Instead, after earning your MCSE, you must retake the exams every three years to keep your title current. It is assumed that the exams will be updated after three years.

By passing the three (3) exams I suggested, you have the title shown above in the image, "Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert | Business Intelligence". This is the top Business Intelligence (BI) certification titles that can be earned for SQL Server 2012 but " SQL 2012" will not appear on your titles, other than in your transcript as passed exams. This is a new title that does not exist for the older versions of SQL Server. The MCSE SQL 2012 certification titles replaces the MCITP titles of SQL Server 2005/2008.

Lucky for you, since you have already earned the MCITP for SQL Server 2008, you can earn the MCSE with just three exams. If you wanted to skip the upgrade process (like I will) and start over, you will need to pass five (5) exams.

This page describes all five of the required exams and the official certification title for MCSE BI:
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en-us/mcse-sql-business-intelligence.aspx

By the way - you would also be earning the "Stepping Stone" title for SQL MCSA Solutions Associate:
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en-us/mcsa-sql-certification.aspx

Good luck!

Best wishes, Davin Mickelson

• Marked as answer by Ismailc1 Thursday, November 7, 2013 7:23 AM
    Wednesday, November 6, 2013 10:31 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hi.

You will need to pass three (3) exams to upgrade your MCITP for SQL 2008 to MCSE for SQL Server Business Intelligence (BI).

Step

Title

Required exam

Certification earned

Transition Your MCTS on SQL Server 2008 to MCSA: SQL Server 2012, Part 1

MCSE: Business Intelligence

Transition Your MCTS on SQL Server 2008 to MCSA: SQL Server 2012, Part 2

Transition Your MCITP: Business Intelligence Developer 2008 to MCSE: Business Intelligence

Good luck!

Tuesday, November 5, 2013 10:59 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi, Thank You for the assistance

SQL Server Business Intelligence (BI), would this be BI SQL 2012 - i would like the certifcate to state BI development "2012"

I would like "sql 2012 development" to be on the certificate to differentiate from other certificates

would it not be better to take other exams without upgrading fom 2008 to become sql bi developer 2012?

if so which one?

I only want 1 certificate to state BI 2012 Devlopment and not 3 certifcates.

Please Assist

Wednesday, November 6, 2013 12:54 PM
  • Microsoft is changing the certification program so that the titles no longer specify a version number for SQL Server. Instead, after earning your MCSE, you must retake the exams every three years to keep your title current. It is assumed that the exams will be updated after three years.

By passing the three (3) exams I suggested, you have the title shown above in the image, "Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert | Business Intelligence". This is the top Business Intelligence (BI) certification titles that can be earned for SQL Server 2012 but " SQL 2012" will not appear on your titles, other than in your transcript as passed exams. This is a new title that does not exist for the older versions of SQL Server. The MCSE SQL 2012 certification titles replaces the MCITP titles of SQL Server 2005/2008.

Lucky for you, since you have already earned the MCITP for SQL Server 2008, you can earn the MCSE with just three exams. If you wanted to skip the upgrade process (like I will) and start over, you will need to pass five (5) exams.

This page describes all five of the required exams and the official certification title for MCSE BI:
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en-us/mcse-sql-business-intelligence.aspx

By the way - you would also be earning the "Stepping Stone" title for SQL MCSA Solutions Associate:
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en-us/mcsa-sql-certification.aspx

Good luck!

• Marked as answer by Ismailc1 Thursday, November 7, 2013 7:23 AM
    Wednesday, November 6, 2013 10:31 PM
    Answerer
  • Thank You Very Much, good detailed explenation

• Edited by Ismailc1 Thursday, November 7, 2013 7:24 AM
    Thursday, November 7, 2013 7:24 AM